In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pistol Technique - Analysis

iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Here's a more 'accurate' Analysis Target. Works for right and left handed shooters.

While the 'other' Analysis Targets might be more 'accurate' with the cause of an single 'errant' shot, the following is more 'accurate' for groups, as in "my SHOTS are going low left, what should I do?"

Handguncorrectionchart_zpshpz2kt4g.jpg

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ya just gotta catch it on the bounce
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need to have in the middle; "Man am I a great shot"[;)]
    RLTW

• remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,245 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cut out the bullseye and move it low and to the left[:D]

Seriously though, the other analysis Target is not to analyze one flyer, is to analyze what you're doing wrong if you're consistently grouping them in a certain area got caused by something that you're doing wrong and not the sights being off

are you only having this problem with one pistol? Or do you have the same problem with any pistol you pick up?

But as it is my estimation that the pistol that you're using (it has non adjustable sights), has probably be been adjusted to hit the bullseye from the factory. If it's not hitting the bullseye, then I think you're doing something wrong. Not to say Colt doesn't ever screw up, but it has been shot at manufacturer and when it left there it was on. I just don't see knocking out non adjustable sights. But then stranger things have happened then Colt sending out a gun with non adjustable sights that shoots off

If it's just one pistol, then adjust the sights. If you're having this problem on every pistol, then adjust the way you shoot.

Also, the best Shooters in the world can pick up a bad habit out of the blue. Let somebody else shoot it that you know is shooting good before you blame it on the pistol, and before you start adjusting the sights
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey

LzRoo3il.jpg

Do you mind if I copy this? I occasionally get people people that tell me that their sights are off and asked me how to adjust it, and when I shoot it, it shoots right on. I'd like to print off a bunch of these and after I confirm that it's them and not the gun, I want to give them some these targets as a joke before I give them the pistol shooting analyzing Target
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,064 ******
    edited November -1
    The center should say?you got lucky that time?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    The center should say?you got lucky that time#65533;

[:D][:D]
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want a modern version buy a Mantis X.

The target is a good tool, the Mantis will make you a better shooter.

https://mantisx.com
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just put a stack of these you suck ones at the range here in CT where I run bullseye & silhoutte matches.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Warbirds, just ordered one of those.