In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What did I get myself into?

schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
When I got married (many years ago) my wife tried to forbid me to even own a gun. Well now that time has passed.....I can't go to the range alone (or with a buddy without taking her).....I can't buy a gun (unless I buy her one too), AND DANGIT she outshoots me sometimes (can be emberassing if you are with your buddies).
So tell me is that a BAD thing or a GOOD thing.

Be responsible
Be intelligent
Be REPUBLICAN

Comments

• tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    It a good thing.......no, wait it's a bad thing......no, wait it's.......Uh, I'll get back to you on this one. Gotta do some thinking.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it's a damn good thing, it sure beats having a constant conflict with her about it! [:)]

The 10mm - either you've got it, or you don't get it...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • redrebelredrebel Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds liek one less thing for you to fight about. You could always mess with her sights when you go to the range. [}:)]

powder_solvent.JPG

Oh Hoppe's No. 9 you are so fine.

I need to get me some more of those bullet propulsion devices.

One shot, one kill, 29 more for the thrill.
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good thing to me....just consider it good luck to have a woman that knows how to shoot and likes to shoot.

aliens.jpg
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    All together now. In harmony.
    AWWWW.....poor baby!
    Sorry, no empathy here.
    I have the same "problem".

Mudge the shooter's husband

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just agree with her that she shoots better than you. And I don't know if I would mess with her sights though!

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    And the problem is?????

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    My wife had bought into the propaganda about gunowners being killed with their own guns or their kids shooting themselves with the dad's guns etc...She really didn't like me having one loaded and close at hand in the house. As the children got older and I instructed them in the deadliness of guns and how to respect them they began to "get it" and she lightened up a bit. Kids think that life is like cartoons. I took them outside and shot a squirrel that fell to the ground. They ran up to it and said,"when is it going to get up and run away?" I told them that in the real world when you shoot someone or something it is dead and will stay dead forever. I then did a little autopsy on the rodent and showed them the heart,lungs etc and where the pellets had penetrated the vitals. Ever since then they equate shooting something with killing that thing and will not go near a gun unless I am taking them shooting. When they found a buried pistol out back they left one to guard it and the others came to get me. They never touched it. My wife was pleased with that and has not bothered me about having a loaded gun handy in the house. She has even commandeered a few for her own use. Unfortunately she has exquisite tastes and chose guns in mint condition for her carry arms.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of man would let a woman tell him he was not allowed to own a gun? You are a victim of the "girley man nation" age

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry Schots-Upon review I realized I missed the word "tried" between wife and forbid. You are not a girly man.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    What kind of man would let a woman tell him he was not allowed to own a gun? You are a victim of the "girley man nation" age

Glad you caught it. She tried but to no avail.....now I have to buy her one everytime I buy me one.....well, I guess that is NOT really a complaint. But it goes to show how "ignorant" people can be about guns. (don't tell her I called her the "I" word).[:D] All these years my guns have never gotten up in the middle of the night going on a killing spree.[:)]

Be responsible
    Be intelligent
    Be REPUBLICAN
  • Brth729Brth729 Member Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesn't sound like much of a problem to me. As far as her out shooting you....that only shows that she had a good teacher.[:)]
    Though my wife doesn't really care for guns, even though she was brought up in a family of hunters, she doesn't discourage me feeding my addiction. Usually, when I save enough for something I want, I look at her and say,"Nudie-bar or new toy?". She usually responds by asking what kind I'm getting this time.

Brian

My grandfather once told me,"It's not what a man possesses that determines the importance and quality of his life, but rather what possesses the man.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    You see women wanting to purchase a gun and the husbands or boyfriends forbidding it....
    Granted, not as often, but it happens ...So men can be just as bad as women when it comes to guns....

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,858 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    You are a better man than I schotzi1. If my wife would have even "tried" to forbid me to have a gun the marriage would have been over right then, no second chance, DONE!!

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    It would be even a better thing if you two had matching 10mm hand guns. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,447 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If this is all you have to worry about, you have the world by the tail.

He Dog