In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Briefly dropped into my office at work today...

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
I left 3.5 months ago thinking I would be back the next day. HA! That didn't work out. I thought maybe some cleaning and organizing would be in order but no, apparently I put everything away and tidied up before I left on that last day. Maybe I had a premonition that I wouldn't be back for a while?

This was the first time I was armed on campus. I got my "Enhanced" permit a couple weeks ago making it legal. Didn't feel much different. Looking forward to going back to work in August. No doubt I will run into students in hallway who were the classes I had to bail out of when I fell ill. Should print my story and make copies to hand out so I don't have to repeat it dozens of times.

Used up 3 months worth of the 5 months of accumulated sick leave I had. Most employees take a day off as soon as they earn a leave day but not me. In almost 15 years I had only used 2 days. Now we know why I did that. I never missed a paycheck during my absence.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad you're feeling better and will be ready to "get back at it".
    I think a student that asks, probably cares....So, the 30 seconds or so to explain it I'm sure will be worth it....The education is all part of the process. Or, is it the other way around.[;)]
    At least 22LR ammo is affordable again!
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Really happy to hear you?re doing well!
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you screw some holsters under your desk for your gat or rigged a side by side sawed off in a secret hidey hole?
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad you are feeling better, benefits sometimes are worth more than $ per hour Eh?

Next you need to retire so you can enjoy more of whatever time left on this planet you have!
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good to hear your up an running again
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time to get started on lesson plans...