In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Scoping it

will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I got to scope this Browning Micro Medallion 22 Hornet. I placed a bid on a Simmons Aetec in gloss to top her off. In case I don't win, what is another good choice to consider for a short range rifle such as this? (at least I think it's short range)
There is no apology for self defense. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~

Comments

• idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I'm using a rifle for short ranges I prefer to go with a fixed-power 4X32. That's just personal preference. What are you looking to spend? I've never been a fan of Simmons or Tasco or any of the lower-end scopes. I'd personally throw a Leupold 4X32 on anything I was planning to use for shorter ranges. I'm thinking about getting one of the economy-priced Leupold scopes for a .22 I own.
  • ibtruknibtrukn Member Posts: 443 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yo 270, look around for a Browning 4 power, took me a while but I found one. Y not go Browning all the way? I (think( they are Redfields, not sure.