In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shot Show 2002

5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Wow! Even though it's been a couple of weeks now it still pretty fresh in the memory as a Grand time. Got to meet some of the guys I've read about and/or seen/held/used their products. Several really stand out as just really good people. One was Mr. Harris, the founder of Harris Engineering and inventor of the Harris Bipod. Lots of cool stuff coming out, tons of decoys for all things hunted. Crew served Flashlights from Surefire, (not really but at 16.8" and 5.7 lbs. 2,000 lumens the B-2 is close!) And in the 2.5 days we were there, one day spent meeting people, 1.5 looking, only saw maybe 1/3 of the show. What happened to the two posters from GB that were going to meet at the GB booth? Got a little token from GB, might just put it up for auction... I left the time/date information at home but thought it was Sunday at 10:30. Waited around ended up buying jewelry for the Bride from the Elephant hair bracelet booth across the isle.
If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website

Comments

• JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was there at the appointed time, 10:30 local time Sunday morning, waiting for the Antique Doctor, but he reported (after he got back home) that he got delayed in the main hall and did not get to the GunBroker booth until hours later. I checked back several times with Beth, but she never mentioned that anyone else from these boards had shown up.
  • AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, my fault. As it happened, I got strung out placing orders with different manufacturers that morning and was really late getting ALL THE WAY across to the GB booth. Once there, I got to talking up the litte cutie (Beth?) until my wife frog-marched me back over to the gun side of the show.Mea culpa. I'll buy dinner at Orlando.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • 5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I did see a tall distinguished gentleman visiting with a GB rep., but figured wasn't either of you, no black robe and too young to be an antique. So was that you Judge?
  • JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I leave the robes in the closet for most gun shows! Vanity might allow me to accept the description "Distinguished gentleman" (is that a polite description of an old guy who looks just slightly better than the average street bum?), but at just under six feet without shoes, I would not consider myself tall. Having been well schooled in political correctness, I would not call Beth a little cutie, but rather an attractive woman. While she never stood up while I was talking to her, I would judge her to be on the taller side, so the "little cutie" description would fail there as well. Are you reading this Beth? If so, how do you wish to be described?Doctor, I accept the dinner invitation. I probably will have my first wife with me in Orlando, and maybe a child or two, so it may cost you a bit extra to make up for this!
  • 5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope, must not have been you. I too spoke to Beth, she gave me her card and the "token". Said she hadn't spoken to anyone from the boards. Maybe, no never mind, this Beth was Blonde, how about yours? Dr, I too will take you up on your offer, and I'll have some family with me as well......
  • AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, this gal was fairly short and young enough so that "cutie" fits the bill.Does McDonalds have a buffet?
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com