In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I Like My TV Weatherman!

gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
It is so nice living in an area far from the metro-suburban culture.

Our local TV station weatherman on WNEP-TV16 showed the viewers this morning a picture of him celebrating his birthday at the rifle range
yesterday. The picture showed him posed with his gruffy looking brother holding their rifles from the hip......one rifle look as though it may have an evil type.[:)]

This is the same station that has an outdoor hunting and fishing show and regularly has feature stories about young people competing in the shooting sports.

[:0]This would be an outrage down state in the metro areas.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Comments

• NickCWinterNickCWinter Member Posts: 2,927
    edited November -1
    Gunpaq - That's cool. Our local TV weather and news people wouldn't go near a gun. And the newscasters speak the word "gun" like they would (bathroom term).
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Joe Snedeker is the weatherman and PA Outdoor Life is the hunting and fishing show.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gp,

If you like your weatherman on 16 you will love out weatherperson on CBS, channel 8 in Indy. I don't care if she doesn't own an Ar - I'll loan her one!

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    I watch the Detroit news( I live about an hour away). The only shooting "sports" they showed this week were two cops shot and killed during a routine traffic stop.The next day there was a person who worked for an armored truck company shot and killed.
    I don`t recall ever seeing anything positive about guns on any Detroit news program.