In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cell phone problem

soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Back in october I took my cell phone in to get the antenna replaced.Not a big problem,but it has turned into one.IN order for then to fix anything,they make you sign a paper saying you will pay $165 if your phone is water damaged.Like a fool I signed it,but told them there would be no problem as there was no water damage,just a broken antenna. I also thought after signing the paper that I shouldn`t have done it because it was my phone,bought and paid for when I originally got it.
They gave me a loaner phone to use while mine was being repaired.I didn`t hear anything from them for several months.The first week of january I went to inquire as to it`s where abouts.They couldn`t find it and said don`t worry about it ,we`re square on it.The loaner is yours to keep.
Well,they found my phone.It had been sent out once and returned unrepared with no explanation.They sent it back for an explanation and this time it came back liquid intrusion. When it came back they mailed it to the wrong address instead of to me,so it has been gone over 3 months.
This is an old phone and is no longer available.I think they just don`t want to fix it because it`s obsolete.
It gets worse.The phone they gave me as a replacement was lost several weeks ago.My wife went right out and bought a replacement from them. They didn`t charge us for the lost one because it was considered to be our phone.
If I don`t return the lost loaner they will charge me $165.This is the phone they said was mine since they lost the one I took in for repair. Is this getting too confusing? What do you think? Do I owe them $165 or am I being an * over the money?

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell them to forget about it. Cell phone companies are so hungry for business that the will give you most anything you ask for.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    I might add that the sales girl at the phone store said if she put a battery on the phone it would probably work.It did the day I took it in for repair.They returned it to me minus the battery.