In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lake effect Snow heading this way

paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
edited November 2002 in General Discussion
Weatherbug just alerted me that we are in for some sub zero air coming across the great lakes and due to the lake effect, we are expected to get, six to 12 inches of snow with 40 mile an hour winds with near zero visibility.
Guess I better go out and get the chains on the Simplicity! Deer season starts Monday, I hope it gets it out of it's system by then. I want snow but they can keep the wind.

"Can any body point me in the direction of the bathroom, I really gotta go "

Comments

• Options
    TazmuttTazmutt Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope the sind dies down for ya Pa ... it sure does make huntin miserable. I will be sitting on my back line Monday morn. My property borders Pa and almost every year I have gotten a deer headed back into NY.

Have a safe and productive hunt. Hope you cautch a big one

RTBD Taz
    RRG NorEast Div

"A Fear of Weapons is a sign of Retarded Sexual
    and Emotional Maturity" Sigmund Freud
    "MOLON LABE !"
  • Options
    hawaiipighunterhawaiipighunter Member Posts: 438 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    pa,

the old timers i hunted with prayed for wind. they said you were taking away the deers defense of hearing, to put the wind in your face, and stalk away.

they always killed deer on rainy snowy miserable days. i think they had the deer tied up and waited until nobody was around to see where they had em tied up!!!

kyle
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah I hear ya but I live in the deep woods, and man it gets dangerous in there when it's windy! Lot's of widow makers in the tops of those trees!!

• Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Darn the wind!!! Today is our last day of rifle season and Sarah was going to sit in the double stand with Levi and he was going to video the hunt! Wind has been blowing 20-35 mph since I got up at 5:30!! So much for going up a tree in that stuff!!! Levi was going to tape because he filled his last tag yesterday with a 17" 9 pointer. That made 3 good bucks for him!! I hope he goes to the community college next year instead of going off to a diploma mill!! He has been a down right good hunting buddy!! GHD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    GHD: Season starts here Monday, come on up!!! Would love to have ya!
    We could make it a yearly tradition!!

• Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I hear Northern Michigan is in for it, and it's snowing here in Northern Indiana now. Of course, I'm going to spend some time at the GUN SHOW this weekend regardless! It'll be nice and cozy in there for a few.
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sex and Snow are a lot alike:

You never know how many inches you are going to get,
    or how long it's going to last.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    JDFRICKJDFRICK Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know this sound's kinda WACO but,I envy you folk's up north.I lke the snow.I live about 10 miles outside of St.louis.We average about 20" a year.Occasionally, will get hit but,not like you folk's up north.HAPPY HUNTING.

JIM FRICK
  • Options
    soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    I live in michigan and I don`t particularly care much for winter anymore,however I try to make the best of it.If the snow is a couple inches deep I chase rabbits,trim trees and make brush piles for the critters,look for shed antlers and other deer sign,and watch turkeys. When it gets deep I get out the snowmobile and haul feed to the turkeys.I always report turkey sightings to the DNR as they like to keep track of them.If it gets too cold or the snow too deep I stay in and play on the putor and think of spring turkey season.