In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

'Hanoi Jane, at it again..When will she just SHUT UP..?

Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Saturday Sept. 22, 2001; 12:26 p.m. EDT Jane Fonda: U.S. Must Understand 'Underlying Causes' of Terror Attack "Hanoi Jane" Fonda advised Americans Thursday to "try to understand the underlying causes" of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon that killed 6,700 of her fellow citizens, adding that it would be a mistake for the U.S. to retaliate militarily against the perpetrators. Discussing the attacks on an Atlanta radio station, the former actress and ex-wife of CNN chief Ted Turner said she was concerned about the emotional reaction to the disaster. "It's hard to be hopeful, frankly," she told Mix 105.7 FM. "What concerns me very much is the saber-rattling and the calls for vengeance." "I think it has to be dealt with as a crime," the one-time exercise guru counseled. "And when there's a crime, you don't bomb a city or a country --- you use very, very clever intelligence, undercover-type operations to get the criminals and punish them, and then you try to understand the underlying causes of the crime." Fonda's comments have not been reported outside of Atlanta, where they caused an uproar on talk radio station WGST on Friday. She earned the moniker "Hanoi Jane" in 1971 at the height of the Vietnam War, when she traveled to North Vietnam, donned a Communist military uniform and pretended to shoot down U.S. pilots while manning an anti-aircraft gun in Hanoi.

Comments

• Options
    PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder if she understands the underlying reason why I would like to run a bayoneted M1 Garand up her butt.
    "Audemus jura nostra defendere"- - - - - - - - - - - - - It is useless to hold a person accountable for anything they say while in love, drunk, or running for office.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Communist * should be tried for treason.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    NEEDCOLDNEEDCOLD Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Center-mass. Center-mass. Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out and squeeze!
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    There you have it. Valuable political and military strategy passed-on by that wise old sage Barbarella.
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    I wished someone would have dis-obeyed orders, and taken the shot, years ago.....'nam....
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Next time she excercises I hope she kicks her leg up and her inerds fall out of her *. We can then wonder what the underlying cause of that was.
    If you run, you'll just die tired!
  • Options
    Diesel DummyDiesel Dummy Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Free N TXFree N TX Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I say we all pitch in and buy her a one way ticket to Afganistan where she can ask the Taliban leaders what the underlying cause is. Then, after they get through telling her just how they treat and feel about the "infedels of America", they can show her just how much they respect and treat a women over there. Some people should not be allowed to continue wasting perfectly good oxygen.
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    The next time she gets a hankering to do some of that bulemia, maybe she will do it so hard [barf] that she hangs a couple lungs from her lips.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    janey praised jim jones cult as "the only religous group i can really relate to" a few mos. before THE DAY. god,what a self-centered animal.
  • Options
    bfairbfair Member Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too bad she wasn't on one of the hi-jacked planes that would help her to understand the " underlying causes"
    Semper Paratus
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Maybe she could marry Bill Maher. They seem like a perfect match.
    Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE![This message has been edited by dheffley (edited 09-23-2001).]
  • Options
    Mom MomMom Mom Member Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, now we know why Ted ditched her. She was bad for ratings and stock prices.
  • Options
    rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clearly that last face lift is sqeezing her brain tighter than ever. Pelican!! Can I borrow your M-1???????
  • Options
    Krag96Krag96 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ms.Fonda has become what she has always feared being, an unknown, all her public life any notice taken of her was from her remarks and actions off screen, her ability to command any respect as an actress has always been nonexistent, therefore, to keep her name in the lexicon of entertainment she still falls back on her one trick, outrageous anti-U.S. rhetoric, which she later denies or claims being misquoted, I liken her to dog feces, she will eventually dry up, quit stinking and just blow away,
  • Options
    homer4homer4 Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Diesel Dummy says it for me.
    ...and two hard boiled eggs.