In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any one had laser back surgery

cercer Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in General Discussion
Did it help, how long till recovery?

Comments

• Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My doctor won't even consider it. He says that much heat that close to nerves is not a good thing.
    I have had 2 back surgeries already and I am needing another. He is suggesting either microknife or robot (whatever it's called). He says it has such small movements that it is very precise.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 4,050
    edited November -1
    I had laser surgery done on C4, C5, and C6 back in Fall of 2009. The Laser Spine Center in Scottsdale, AZ did it. Was in and out in 5 hours, with only a 1" scar on the back of my neck. Recovery took 2 months of PT. I had 100% success from it. I don't have any neck problems anymore.
  • Options
    CbtEngr01CbtEngr01 Member Posts: 4,340
    edited November -1
    wifes dog had a spine problem. Long story short: the jelly in one of the disks leaked out and the dog was paralyzed. Vet hospital said itd be 4-6 grand and a 5% chance that shed ever even walk again- and thats if the surgery was done right then(within 12 hours of the incident). I dont have 5k laying around, so I was ready to get the 22 and a shovel.

A friend mentioned LASER ACCUPUNCTURE. I thought that mess was psychosematic. After 3 treatments in 2 months the dog was running and jumping(which we try to limit).

dont know if this helps or is even close to what you were refering to.
  • Options
    cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had Cyber-knife back surgery. It is non-invasive and it only took 3 treatments to relieve the pain of a tumor on the base of my spine. The treatments lasted 30 minutes each and I have not had a recurrence in two years.