In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Backpack for hauling quartered game?

Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
What is the best backpack or pack board I can get that supports the heaviest load? I am trying to get my gear reading for bear season and those furry guys are always a little walk from the truck.

f9ef9b6e.jpg

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
-Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    You might be able to find an old external frame backpack (Kelty comes to mind, but, there are others)and remove the bag from the frame. You could lash about anything to one of those frames and haul it. I've seen packs like this at flea markets and yard sales for as little as $10. Be sure to get one with a big enough frame to match your body size.
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have always been kinda partial to Alas/Alice packs (everyone spells it different) between what I can fit inside and starp on the top I can carry 5 bags of carrots out to my spot in the fall.
  • Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    I have a Jansport external frame pack that will carry up to 130lbs. or so but its not that sturdy and bends a lot under the weight. I have seen a couple heavy duty packs in magazines and catalogs designed for carrying out game quarters, but I don't know if they are worth the money or effort to use one.

f9ef9b6e.jpg

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Chevyman TxChevyman Tx Member Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just tie a skillet to your waist and go hunting. Stay out there and cook what you kill!! Just jokin, I dont think i would eat a bear either!

"Keep turnin to the RIGHT"
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Copy the Korean A-Frame design. They carry enormous loads with them.