In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt opportunity...possible value

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
In the year 2004 I will have access to a very limited production (new production) of Colt Gov't model pistols. I'm assuming they will be 1991A1 Series 80 pistols. They will have a very small amount of engraving and gold inlay due to the fact that they will be commemoratives. I may have the opportunity to purchase a few of these. Should I spend the $500 - $600 that one of these new production Colts will run me? I've got some time to save up.

Comments

• Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmm...maybe I should have been more explicit. My brother is a West Point cadet and Colt makes a Commemorative pistol engraved with the class crest available to the graduating cadets every year. Very few are actually purchased. I am not a West Point grad but my brother will be graduating in 2004 and will have a chance to pick a few up. These aren't the commemoratives that just anyone can buy out of a magazine. I've seen one auctioned here and the bids were upwards of $1500.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would think that down the line some West Pointers might like to pick up on a lost opportunity. Can you advertize in the West Point Alumni newsletter?