In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

how do you convert grains!?

BurningDailyBurningDaily Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
edited May 2003 in General Discussion
Hey guys, I thought that maybe you could help me here...
I'm doing a project for school about firearms in my physics class. I have a problem. I cant do any of the *calculations* until i know the exact weight of specific bullets in GRAMS. I know the weight of the bullets in grains, but i dont know how to convert that number into weight in grams, if there is any such conversion at all. If there is, it needs to be as accurate as possible. Can anyone here help me??
-matt

Please visit the Conservative Post Coalition website! cp.leet.nu

Comments

• Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    There are several websites where you can obtain the conversion formulas. Start with a good internet search engine like Google.

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • Options
    bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    It's in the tables inthe back of the Speers reloading book. Mines out in the shop.In the morning I'll be glad to post it if you still need it.

Big Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    grain * 0.06479891 = gram (g)
    gram * 15.43236 = grain

I THINK that is what you need (and is correct), if not interstate has the right idea, do a google search.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are in a physics class, & cant find these sort of simple formulae, i gotta wonder about your school's accreditation.
    Tax dollars hard at work?
    [:(!][:(!]barto

I didn't do it and I got witnesses!!
  • Options
    GotdeereGotdeere Member Posts: 293 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got done doing some Phychrometric problems and had to convert from grains to lbs. I used the conversion of 7000 grains = 1 lb. You convert any other mass equivelant from lbs.

socarl.txtTigerpaw.txt
  • Options
    RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to this site and download "Convert" which is a nice little program that "converts" many units to measurement to others. It is a small program taking very little space. Save it to your Desktop and enjoy!

http://www.joshmadison.com/software/

This works for numerous processes and I have personally found it very useful.....grams to grains, ..... grains to ounces....etc., and ETC.!!

"Life is FRAGILE!" Handle With Care!
  • Options
    BurningDailyBurningDaily Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, bambihunter and rancheropaul...i got the correct mass. Thanks alot for your help. As for barto, its a private school...so...maybe thats better (your tax dollars arent at work) or maybe its worse (i should be smarter in private school?). Anyways, thanks again.
    -Matt

Please visit the Conservative Post Coalition website! cp.leet.nu
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I posted in the last couple of days 3 links to interesting sites with downloads. One of them contains the manuals for several powder and reloader manufacturers including Accurate, Lee, and several others. They are all free .pdf reloading catalogs. I would consider them to be a fairly big bonanza for someone doing a paper involving reloading calculations. Take a look back a page or three. ....

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
  • Options
    MPinkstonMPinkston Member Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Give this a whirl...... http://www.onlineconversion.com/

aguncollector@prodigy.net