In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Handgun Hunting

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Always wanted to take a deer with a handgun so this morning I took my Ruger Redhawk along with me. At 7:30 a nice doe walked past our hunting coop at 40 yds and I gave it a try.One shot and down she went.Kind of makes up for the buck I messed up on the first day of the season. Anyway,I just had to brag a little.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Do you hunt with handguns? What firearm do you use? I have found interest in the S&W 500 magnum but won't buy one until I shoot one. i know the recoil is really heavy but just wanted some othe opinions.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone here go hunting with the handguns? I bet it's a heck of a lot easier to go through the thick crap if you can just holster it on your hip.

I have a 9MM handgun and some Federal Hydrashoks. Maybe I'll give it a try when I go for the hunt!

VarmTS.jpg
    http://www.cafepress.com/gunrightsforall
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've been teasing myself with the idea of making another purchase (only 2 here know of my MOST recent purchase which will not be revealed). The upcoming purchase will preferable be in the 7mm-08 caliber if I can find that in a handgun set-up similar to the Savage Super Striker. I'm also looking at T/C. Nothing that I have purchased so far is all that asthetically pleasing. Most of what I own serves a function. If someone can recommend a place where I can get a beautiful custom job done, it would be appreciated.
  • Options
    civilmancivilman Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try www.sskindustries.com
  • Options
    Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great choice of cartridge. Personally hunt with a 7mm-08 Lone Eagle (ugly single shot). Looking for a another also, but like you want something that's looks good. For the $$$ you can't beat the Savage, but when looking at the picture of a Custom XP100, or Weatherby, I like the wood, and styles. But not the $$$.
    Happy Bullet Holes!