In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Maadi AK or CETME?

Mark IIMark II Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
This is my big decision right now. I want both an M1 carbine and an HK 91 or clone (cetme probably being the only one I can get right now $). Should I trade my Maadi AK for one of these? The issues I am pondering are: Re-sale values in the future; dependability; accuracy; ease of finding ammunition and spare parts (now and in the future); and of course ballistics of the round fired. I can't decide! Help!Another question. I bought this Maadi used from a co-worker who got it from a pawn shop. He has no idea how old it is. How can I find out if it is pre- or post-ban?
"To meet with ill fortune is to meet with good fortune. To meet with submission is to meet an enemy."[This message has been edited by Mark II (edited 11-26-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    jeenyesjeenyes Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would save my money and buy a M1A, but that aside..... the M1 carbine is underpowered, about equal to a 357 mag. Plenty of parts for it tho. But don't buy universal, buy a military issue for around 350 to 500. And add M2 mag catch, is better for the 30 round mags.Hk is really good, as far as parts, I don't buy any weapon without stocking up on parts now. I would check price on mags and buy at least 14. Ammo for both is good at the moment, but always subject to change, buy at least 1000 rounds.