In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

P-90 "problem"

bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
Got out yesterday and shot my "new" P-90. LOVED IT! Only one problem....when it ejects the shells, they come back and hit me literaly right between the eyes. Not a good thing as those suckers are hot! Is there something that I am doing wrong? Do all of them do this? Kinda hard to stay on target when you're dodging empties flying back at ya![B)]

btw...Yes, I wear shooting glasses. They were hitting above them right in the middle of my forehead. Came in and wife said, "What's all the black stuff on your head?" LOL!

bhayes-answ10.gif

Taxation WITH representation isn't so hot either!

Comments

• Options
    TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wish I could help...my P90 ejects out the bottom. Mine in the FN variety.

Justice through Valor 1*
  • Options
    SlappyDappySlappyDappy Member Posts: 202 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He was talking about the Ruger p90. No one here owns a real FN P90 as they are restricted to law enforcement only. So if you stole one from you armory and took it home, props to you.
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Your ejector may be bent down. Since those are an often forgotten step in the takedown procedure of the P90, they often get damaged. Disassemble the pistol and look for signs of slide impact on the back of the ejector assy.
  • Options
    maggiethecatmaggiethecat Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i dunno! my p-90 throws the shell about 4 feet high over my right shoulder. only one gettin hit is 10 feet away

SGT USMC

The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you shooting at an indoor range? Try moving away from the partition. [:D]

Regards,
    Pistol-02.gif
    FREE IRAQ
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes if you're somewhat "limp-wristing" a semi-auto handgun, ejection will be more straight-back, than to the side.

Next time you shoot it try gripping it firmer with focus on tightening the muscles in your wrist before pulling the trigger.
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could also try changing to a round of a different power (either higher or lower), or getting a set of Wolff springs and selecting the recoil spring that gives you better performance. Unless, of course, joey's suggestion works out.

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
  • Options
    RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm picturing you getting hit in the head with the Brass.[:D]
    That is funny when you picture it in your mind.[8D]
    Take a Dental pick and clean the gunk out from behind the extractor.[;)]

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • Options
    Trader DaveTrader Dave Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could you be a right handed shooter and left eye dominant? If so then you cross over as you hold the gun which will position casings in your face. Or maybe you shoot left handed. Just a thought.
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    Bhayes,
    I had the same problem with a P89, but mine only did it about every 5th round and would jam on the very next shot.
    I took rugerniners suggestion and cleaned out the gunk behind the extractor, there was plenty of gunk to clean out.
    I unfortunately traded the gun away before I had a chance to shoot it again, but I see the new owner on occasion and have heard no unfavorable reports.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions!
  • Options
    bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the replies! I will clean the ejector, and try again tomorrow.

Drobs...I was in my backyard. The only thing the empties were flying off of was my forehead!

Rugerniner...I bet it was a funny sight. The first one scared the heck out of me! Thought for a second a piece of the slide had broken off and hit me. Knew for sure I was dying!

Trader Dave...you might be right. I am right-handed, left-eye dominant. Shoot all my rifles left handed, and my pistols with my right hand on the trigger sighting with my left-eye. That could be it too!

I hope I can figure it out. Accurate pistol and a great shooter! First Ruger I have owned, and I fell in love with it (as soon as I realized it hadn't blown up and was just empties!)

bhayes-answ10.gif

Taxation WITH representation isn't so hot either!
  • Options
    TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Slappy,

I am aware that he was speaking of the Ruger P90, I was trying to inject some humor. My FN is issued to me for SWAT operations. I am not the owner, but am trusted to keep it warm which I am happy to do.

Justice through Valor 1*