In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR-10 in .243

beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Went to the local gunstore yesterday and they had an AR-10 in .243. I messed around with it a little and came away very impressed. It wasw either a match weapon or all AR-10 come as heavy as my match Bushmaster. In any case they wanted $1000 for it. Is that a fair price for an AR-10...or is it a little high? I never really looked at them before because they are a hybrid, but I seem to remember that at Perry last year they were going for around $1250. anybody know for sure? Beach

Beach

Comments

• Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends was it new or used and wheather it was a Armalite or an Eagle ... new, price is right for an Eagle, low for a Armalite.

... I had to try some of the new text options

Sometimes the most obvious, IS the most elusive!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a fair shake either way, Beach.

Stand And Be Counted
  • Options
    bikrprchrbikrprchr Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beach, I paid around 1600.00 recently for a new Armalite AR 10T in .243. If that one you mentioned is clean, it should be worth the asking price. Good luck

1 Cross + 3 Nails= 4given
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know you can also get them in .260rem, 7mm-08, .22-250, or just about anything that uses the .308win case.

Visit me http://www.geocities.com/gunsmithlee
  • Options
    TheguncounterkidTheguncounterkid Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And WSM....ummmm shortmag ar-10.
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    bike preacher.....What kind of accuracy did you get with it? Typical of a match AR? For some reason, and I can't really explain it since I normally only am interested in military match rifles, this rifle intrigues me. Beach

Beach
  • Options
    TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought the .22-250 was derived from the .250 Savage. I appears to have the same .473" rim diameter but not much else is close to the .308. But it appears very dimensionally close to the .250 Savage. Am I misinformed??

Justice through Valor 1*