In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

No Ammo During Crisis

gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Last evening I was barred from purchasing a box of .22 ammunition at our local farm supply store, Quality/Central Tractor Farm & Country, in southeastern Pennsylvania. The manager stated that it is store policy not to sell ammunition or firearms during a national crisis and that since Sept. 11th Central Tractor will no longer carry firearms. The manager said that they were still selling hunting accessories including BB guns. The deadly BB guns were securely locked down on the shelves behind barred doors where the real guns used to be behind the counter along with the boxes of leathal BB ammunition. I told the manager that I thought the store policy was a little odd since they had no restrictions on selling box cutters, fuel oil and fertilizer. Perhaps Tractor Supply Company, another chain farm supply store down the road, will get my business. Is this a company policy of Quality/Central Tractor Farm & Country or just our local store's political correctness and hysteria to recent events?For the record: Pottstown, PA store.
[This message has been edited by gunpaq (edited 09-19-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesnt matter which. You are either dealing with an individual idiot or a collection of idiots. There is no more communicable disease than stupidity, so avoid it.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Farm and COuntry in South East PA? I do not suppose you are speaking about the Quakertown store, by any chance? I go to the quakertown store quite a bit, but I guess they will no longer be getting my business.
  • Options
    YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You gotta wonder where some people get these ideas.You could write a book on crack pot notions. Did you hear Dick Derbin (D) IL " Do you really need a ak-47 with a 250 rd clip to go hunting"? Or Moinahan (D) NY "We need to out law The deadly, powerfull ,tank stopping 9mm guns" and someone believed them.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    That's why I bought my Model 17 Glock. That damn 9mm will stop a tank, an aircraft carrier and take out a U2 at 90,000 ft.And if you think THAT'S something, just wait'll I get my 250 round magazine.
  • Options
    Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard alot of places were subscribing to this idiocy,wal-mart for one .I was in wal-mart today and bought some .40s&w rds no problem.We also started shopping for my sons first gun,a grizzly BB gun.He is 7 and wants one for Christmas.The lady behind the counter said that they had to reorder twice the normal amount of ammo they normally do.Matter of fact right before the attack wal-mart had put alot of ammo on sale and today it was still on sale,so cool....
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2