In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Probably just frustrated

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in General Discussion
I was bringing in some of the gun cases I don't use anymore from storage last night and I began thinking about gun issues. Then I started packing up all of the back issues of gun magazines that I've saved over the years and just couldn't bear to put in storage. The front pages of these magazines started me thinking. Why is it that gun owners and conservatives in general are always on the defensive while the liberals are always on the attack? Why is it that gun owners and groups like the NRA always seem to be defending something that the guys in the black hats are trying to take away? It frustrates me to hear phrases like "just enforce the laws that are on the books". This is all fine and dandy but when are we, as a collective group, going to stand and start demanding the repeal of those unconstitutional laws? I'm ready for attack mode and I think that events of the recent past have put me in that mindset. I can't kill terrorists here in America but this is where I'm stuck so why don't we start going into "kill mode" over these laws that are going to have an adverse effect on our future security here at home? I'm tired of being on the defensive and I'm ready to be on the offensive.

Comments

• Options
    REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with you, just don't know how to start. I already write and e-mail my reps and governor about issues, but like you said, I'm reacting to issues that they have probably already made up their mind about anyway. am NRA member too. Don't know what else to do, and yes, it's frustrating-Ralph
  • Options
    Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DITTO,I ALREADY SEND THEM SO MUCH E-MAIL THEY ACTUALLY WRITE ME BACK AND USE TERMS LIKE "IN YOUR PREVIOUS LETTERS" AND "AS WE DISCUSSED BEFORE" HA HA.I'M WITH YALL IM READY TO GO ACTIVE
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2