In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

evil ATF

njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
I just wanted to say thanks for posting info about Coles Distributing. I ordered some M1A mags from them on Wednesday, and got them today (Friday). They were exactly what I was looking for, and way less than I've seen them in quite a while. Thanks again.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    The wife and i hit rush hour traffic while driving through your village last Friday on our way to the ocean, It took about an hour to get from Jansen Beach to 123rd, 75 mph is not good for someone thats been going 4.5 mph in a combine for the last 38 days.We caught lots of salmon at Ilwaco,I puked my guts out when the boat left bouy 10 and crossed the bar, 12 ft swells,the rolling hills of the Palouse are no match for the rolling waves of the Pacific. The skipper's son was on board,he teaches 7th grade in your village. We finished our vacation with a drive down the Oregon Coast. Fort Clatsop, Tillamook cheese,Cannon Beach, Lincoln City and Newport aquarium. All very cool places.
    Ruger-Remington-RULE THE ROOST[This message has been edited by ysacres (edited 09-07-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Saw your post at Josey1's "Guns and Freedom". As more of the crowd takes the time to read it I'm sure you'll just get madder. Doubt you'll appreciate what I've got to say but believe it or not, I mean well with it.

I spent five years working the bodyguard gig with an older and wiser man when I was in my thirties. He used to tell me I might be a grown man when I turned 40, said the same thing when I did turn forty referring to my fifties. You get the drift.

I'd known him since my mid-twenties, met him the very first day home from VN. He, by the time he hired me in 1980, knew me pretty well.
    He was wealthy of course, but had grown up with nothing. No education to speak of, but he wasn't afraid of work AND he understood people. He HATED paying taxes, he didn't have much good to say about politicians, even the ones he knew and associated with. But he paid what was asked and he voted.

Told me all we could ever do was vote for the one we liked best. Sorta the same thought on picking out a horse to ride, or a pretty girl to dance with. You take what you can get.

When most of us reach our thirties, we look back and smile at a lot of the dumb things we've done. When we get into our 40's, well then we usually start laughing (or crying) about those same silly mistakes.

I'm in my mid-fifties and don't really feel a whole lot smarter, but I do know I'm wiser (if that makes sence to you).

There's some at this forum with much more experience with lifes choices and decisions, we all ought to try and learn from them. As the old adage goes, "you better learn from others mistakes cause you won't live long enough to make them all yourself".

Where I'm leading with this is, I've noticed in another thread or two that you have stated your feelings on several topics pretty strongly. I also recall you stating very seriously that you are planning on actually running for president someday down the road.

Don't you think that rational discussion would perhaps get you a few more votes? I assure you, screaming, cussing and stomping your foot is only going toget you a dusty, sore throat! Don't you think you should be cultivating votes rather than calling people names and laughing at those of us who show our patriotism with pride.

Actually I agree with you more than you'll most likly accept, we almost all at this forum would fight for our rights. Many of the same things you care for with so much passion.

Josey1's story that he shared was about freedom! about gun ownership and many of the reasons why. Why we all care so much. Why we should be trying to agree rather than finding something to call others names about.

Go back and read it again, I'm going to more than once.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Need your advise please. We purchased a jacuzzi this year for our yard. Now that winter is coming here in the Northeast, I am wondering what to do with it. Some people say to let it run all winter even though we can't use it, while others advise us to drain it and winterize it. If you agree with draining it, how do I winterize it? I would really appreciate your input. Thanks!
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelI am the NRA, the RKBA, NJ Area Rep for the 2ampd, and the AARP :(njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Easy, you put a cover over it. My uncle has one and thats what he does.
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never heard of winterizing a spa or hot tub: just swimming pools. But, then again, I live in the Pacific Northwest where it's one temperature and weather condition all year: 60 degrees and rainy. Your best bet it to get yourself a spa bubble cover or solar blanket and then bite the bullet and get yourself a foam and vinyl hard cover. Not sure about the economy out there, but in my area, bubble covers go for $15-$16 and the hard covers can go for $200-$400 depending on what you want and how long you want it to last. I would say to keep it open for sure, because a cold wintery day is the BEST time to soak in a tub! Just make sure you get the bubble cover AND hard cover. The hard cover will keep the heat in and the bubble cover will keep the hard cover from getting waterlogged with too much moisture. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Got President? Evil in 2012!
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Hey Evil. Where do you live in the Pacific N.W. that it's 60 degrees and raining? I'm gonna move there. Up here in Skagit County it's only 60 and raining in the summer.Most other times of year it's 45 degrees and raining. Like right now.Hey Californians: Don't move to Washington State. You'll hate the weather. It'll make you slit your wrists.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bear in mind that i am merried....last winter, I responded to a call from a prospective customer at his door step. He wasn't home, but his 17 yr. old daughter was...it had to have been 20 degrees out side, and she came a answerin' out the side way, from the back of the house, with a skimpy swimsuit on, as purty as can be..(I'm not a pervert), I said " are you crazy?" she answered, no, we have a hot tub out back....and I heard the bell ring, can I help you? I guess that it doesn't matter much how you use it, if it is used in the winter time, the you don't have to be concered with the weather, as evidently, however you heat it, will govern how you use it....
    keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I live in Vancouver, just a stone's throw from Portland, Oregon. I suppose it IS 50 and rainy here this week. Gotta love them PN winters!Listen to Lowrider, Californians. You'll hate it here. Please take all your relatives that have already migrated here and return to California. You'll be much happier and so will we!
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Evil, Lowrider, you two have convinced me! I'm going to stay in Kalifornia forever, with all its pollution, stupid gun laws, wackos, queers... hey, waitaminnit! You guys are tryin' to fool me, ain't ya?!? That ain't nice!!
    I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.--Voltaire~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I like Californians! It's just that they move up here to a conservative area and keep voting the way they did in Kali, not realizing THEY were causing their own crime and troubles!Eventually, enough Californians move up here to become the major voting block. Won't be long now. We've gotten ourselves an anti-gun Democrat for Governor this year. Times are changing. The Pacific Northwest is gonna suffer soon. Guess I should start looking at property in Idaho. Got a spare bunk TLynn?
  • Options
    bondaibondai Member Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Evil,I'm going to be in Portland next week. You want me to stop by and we can slug it out.????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'd be honored to have you swing by my shop. I've got a lot of folks on vacation next week, so I won't be able to do much besides grab a brew or somethin' after work: but feel free to swing by the store!Let me know if you'll have time to hook up.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sure do miss those PN winters myself. We did have snow once while I was stationed at Fort Lewis but it melted within 72 hours with a lot of help from the rain.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, we don't get snow often and it tends not to stick when it DOES come. That's the one thing I don't like about the PNW.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Hey Evil: What shop? I get through Vancouver a lot. Iff'n there's any beer drinkin' going on, I'm real interested.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The offer is extended to any brothers or sisters in arms who pass through!Get with me here on GB next time you're through and I'll get the info to you in private. No point in spreading personal info over the Net when it's not necessary!
  • Options
    Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I WAS STATIONED IN SILVERDALE AT THE SUB BASE MY WIFE IS FROM POULSBO.WE MOVED TO SHELTON WHEN I GOT OUT,IT SNOWED ALOT IN SHELTON .HAD A HOT TUB IN BACK AND I AGREE ,LOVED TO SIT IN THE TUB DRINK A BEER OR TWELVE AND LET THE SNOW MELT IN YOUR HAIR
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2