In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Do my eyes deceive me?

mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
It would seem that the "Other auction sights"post got deleted. Was it because of the subject matter or the spelling?C'mon "ADMIN", lighten up. Do you think for a minute that most of us don't already know about the other auction sites? Is GB afraid of competition? I've seen most, if not all, the other sites and GB is still my favorite. Wish they'd take my suggestion and set up a "search by area code" system. If I find two guns that are identical and one of 'em is in my state, it would save all the transfer and shipping hassle and $$$. The way it is now, sometimes you can't tell where the seller is at all. Some only state "U.S" in the location area. Whoop-de-do! That really helps!Mudge the verbose
I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 11-26-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    ladrladr Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And if you look at the bottom of the page at the click on ad, it takes you to a sale site.Or maybe some one got mad because it was pointed out that there was no need to insult namvet.I see a lot of poofing here lately. I read everyday, but rarely post.Even emailed the mod and asked why, with no answer.This will probaly poof also.Just checked my profile and cannot believe how long I've been hanging around here.Oh well, Dano said he would be gone for a few days, so maybe this will help stir the pot.[This message has been edited by ladr (edited 11-26-2001).]
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
    edited November -1
    Nobody told me to, but I poof posts that seem to advertise for other auction sites. Seems to me the site owner here should not have to provide advertising space for his competitors for free. Now, if you want to turn someone on to an alternate auction site, simply arrange to meet via email and pass the information.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Who pointed out what?..About who insulting namvet?Did someone insult him?What did I miss???.218P.S. I hope my little joke wasn`t taken for an insult!!I`d really like to know what kind of comments were made!!
  • Options
    travelortravelor Member Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been to the other sites...and have seen GB posted there...
    keep lots of extra uppers for your ar..you can change often enough to keep the thing from over heating...what ever caliber fits the moment..~Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nunn.....OK.....you da' man. You've got the power, but.....it's a bit penny ante! How about this....just as a courtesy to your amigos on the BB. If you "poof" something, could you, at least, tell us why? Some of the "poofings" seem to be a bit arbitrary. IMHO.Mudge the disappointed"poof" and "poofings" actually sound a bit "limp wristed" don't they...sorry 'bout that.
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 11-27-2001).]
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Granted I didn't see if there were any posts after the first or second one, but I don't think the request really amounted to 'advertising', IMO. To me the board is what it is, a General Discussion. And as long as someone didn't list items for sale and such, any replies should have been ok.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This discusson board is free to all of us. If you don't like the way things are done here the door is not locked. Don't let the knob hit you on the way out. In other words stop bitching!
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, the board is free to all of us ... but yet it appears it's not. We're free to come and go as we please but apparently we're not free to post as we choose (within the normal limits of course). I'm sure we'd all concur that insulting and offensive stuff should go but I agree with mudge, it seemed a little 'bit penny ante'!
  • Options
    Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I AGREE IN THINK DELETING SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOU MENTIONED ANOTHER SITE IS A TAD *
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2