In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Big time rip off weedeater head

tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
My neighbor has been complaining about the time it takes her to keep replacing her weedeater line so I thought I would do her a big favor and buy her the replacement head touted on TV. The one that eats plywood and dares chain link fence to get in its way.

So it arrived and guess what, the S&H is $15.90!!

I knew I would get ripped on handling but this is just insane.

So, If any of you are on the fence about buying this piece of trash, be advised. Tom

Comments

• Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So you got ripped on shipping, but how does it handle weeds?
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    But you get lifetime replacement string for free!!

(Plus s+h)
    [:I]
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    But you get lifetime replacement string for free!!

(Plus s+h)
    [:I]

[:D][:D]
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one off of eBarf, $6 shipping totaled it to $17. I cut my own replacement strings, and the darn thing works pretty good! Beats the he)) out of winding and bumping.
  • Options
    tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    grdad, now for the sad part, her trimmer is not listed in the instructions, nor do I see any way for this thing to fit. Her's is a Murray M2500 and is different from anything listed.

I did go to the website listed and it is totally useless. The telephone call was too late and office closed. I will try to call tomorrow. OH well, I guess I should have known. Tom