In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How old is the earth??

2»

Comments

• Options
    acm1288acm1288 Member Posts: 263 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    4,215,756,293 years old... and a few days, just had birthday[:D][:D][8D][:)]
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I wish someone would come up with the right answer. I know Earth Day is April 22 but I never know how many candles to buy. [:(!]

800px-Earth_flag_PD.jpg
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
    edited November -1
    ...the earth was (became) formless and void..."

The word translated "was" can also be translated "became." When you put "became" in there, it gives the phrase a whole new meaning, or at least a more clear meaning.

It also leads to questions? How long was the earth here before it "became formless and void." What happened to cause the earth to be "formless and void."

It leads me to believe that the earth existed long before the recorded story of Creation, but something happened to it. What? A great rebellion, a heavenly war, maybe, as recorded elsewhere in the Bible.

Thusly, I have no problem believing that the earth, in its current form is fairly young, and I have no problem reconciling the fossil records with that belief.

I also think it's humorous that the geologists, paleontologists, and other scientists have had to seriously revise their opinions and theories over the years, when they realized that what they formerly stated as fact was wrong.

God doesn't change. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He also has nothing to prove. He says, "I AM," and that is enough.
  • Options
    buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    at least a million years old! or else how do you explain this

B00018D3ZA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's the same with the debate over evolution & creation.
    The true believers demand that the evolutionists prove their belief but when they are asked for proof all they offer is "faith". To them the lack of proof is a virture. There is no point in arguing with such fools.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled
    It's the same with the debate over evolution & creation.
    The true believers demand that the evolutionists prove their belief but when they are asked for proof all they offer is "faith". To them the lack of proof is a virture. There is no point in arguing with such fools.

Gruntled: I almost question the depth of your research into this topic if the only answer you could find was "faith". But clearly you have researched the subject extensively and become well educated in matters of creation. Otherwise you couldn't justly call others with a different opinion then yours "fools", lest you be an expert yourself [;)]

Heres just a few links for you if you decide to continue in your exhaustive study.
    [url][/url]www.creationevidence.org
    [url][/url]www.unevolved.org
    [url][/url]www.matthewmcgee.org/creation.html
    [url][/url]http://www.faizani.com/news/news_2003/math_impossibility.html
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Catholics theorize that science and biblical teachings can exist harmoniously by one helping to explain and interpret the other.

Tell that to Galileo. (And if you think I'm being flip, bear in mind that the Catholic church finally got around to admitting that it was wrong in. . . 1992. Perhaps in 2400 the Pope will finally apologize for all those priests raping little children all across America. Perhaps.)
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh no, Nunn, not the Gap Theory!
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tccox
    ZULU7, I will say two words to you: sophmoric & juvenile. I know you are trying desperately to reach 10,000 replies but why don't you give it a rest?? Tom

Piss off.
  • Options
    ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    at least a million years old! or else how do you explain this

B00018D3ZA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

That's a lie!
    They didn't have silicon implants a million years ago.

...or did they??[;)]
  • Options
    tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ripley, They sure look real to me.
    Zulu, What can I say? I think sophmoric is giving you WAY to much credit!! Tom