In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I just pulled...

catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
edited December 2007 in General Discussion
a piece of broken cartilage out of my nose that's been floating around loose for the past 7 years since I broke my nose. It was poking through the skin so I took a pair of tweezers to it and finally pulled it out. It's been bothering me for years and now I finally have relief.

Comments

• Options
    jtmarine0831jtmarine0831 Member Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OUCH![:p]

I know how that feels!
  • Options
    ZebraZebra Member Posts: 5,762
    edited November -1
    Sell it on Ebay [:D]
  • Options
    jtmarine0831jtmarine0831 Member Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zebra
    Sell it on Ebay [:D]

Everything else sells there, why not![:D]
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You just made my nose hurt.[:0]

Jon
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What a coincidence, I just made my nose not hurt.

The broken piece wasn't that big, maybe 1/8" by 1/16". Just enough to be very annoyingly irritating.
  • Options
    sheepdipsheepdip Member Posts: 3,124
    edited November -1
    Are you a Doctor or did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm an aircraft mechanic, so none of the above. I have performed minor surgery on myself once too. I had an ingrown toenail and instead of going to the doc, I liquored myself up, iced down my toe, and and started cutting away at it. There was blood everywhere and it was incredibly painful. That was three years ago and I've never had a problem with that nail since.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You gotta love home surgery. [^]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sav99
    You gotta love home surgery. [^]

+1
  • Options
    CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by catpealer111
    I'm an aircraft mechanic, so none of the above. I have performed minor surgery on myself once too. I had an ingrown toenail and instead of going to the doc, I liquored myself up, iced down my toe, and and started cutting away at it. There was blood everywhere and it was incredibly painful. That was three years ago and I've never had a problem with that nail since.

i guess you showed that toe who it was messing with [:D]
  • Options
    steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by catpealer111

Yeah, I did the same thing with less than desireable results. Hence, my name. [V][:o)][:D](j/k)
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    I did some dental work on myself once. I had a broken piece of tooth on the back molars under the gumline (wisdom teeth) that had been bothering the HELL out of me for around a year and finally dug it out! Sweet, sweet relief!
  • Options
    tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a molar pulled about 15 years ago. Last year my gum developed an ulcer that got sorer and sorer and then felt very sharp to the tongue. I got to scraping across it and out popped a piece of bone about the size of a small grain of rice.

Why it did not give me fits while it was working out is beyond me. It was a tremendous relief go get it away from my tongue. i would not call it dental work tho.

I did have an uncle who pulled his own teeth with pliers! That I just could not do. Tom