In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Considering a Witness

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I've been thinking about several different guns that I would like to own. I held a few EAA Witnesses last night at a gun show and I'm thinking about getting one of the Polymer frame Witness Compact pistols in .45 ACP.

has anyone ever owned or shot one of these?

Comments

• Captain 241Captain 241 Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not the 45ACP. I have a EAA Witness in a 10mm. It shoots like the 45 I had in the service. Mine is the full size.

If you need a Second Shot, YOU NEED MORE PRACTICE
  • leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been looking at the Witness too. I was wondering how the polymer frame holds up with the 45 rounds. I mostly shoot factory, but I can't resist a bargain on milsurp. Steel frames don't worry me. I don't know enough about polymer frames.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a couple of friends that has been using Witness 45's in competition for a while now. No problems yet.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with Capt 241... I'm gonna get a Witness compact 10mm in Wonder finish soon.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is used but it's accurate and dependable. You can't go wrong with one in my opinion.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I love the EAA Witness line of hand guns. Very well built. The polymer frame is good for carry because it is light weight. The 45acp is a good round. That being said I would go with the 10mm compact with a wonder finish. My 2 cents [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw a compact Polymer framed Witness at the show yesterday (wonder finish) for $325 NIB. I'm going to have to give my dealer a call and see what he can get them for. I've been looking at Davidson's and the prices there are through the roof.
  • agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    EAA WITNESS 45ACP POLY FRAME $269.95

That's dealer cost.

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://canadianfirearmsexchange.com

aglore@gci.net
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aglore--thank you.
  • royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a .40 and a .45 in full size steel frames, 45 is blued and 40 is wonderfinish. I would recomend to anyone as one of the best inexpensive quality handguns that you can buy. They are accurate and very reliable. So far neither one has ever jammed on me yet.[:)]