In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Resistance is futile !

Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
The Hindustan Times2-11-2TEHRAN (AFP) - A senior official from Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards hinted on Sunday that the country could retaliate for any US military action by targeting the Gulf's oil infrastructure. "If total insecurity were to settle over Iran, preventing its oil from being exported, then no other oil in the region would be exported," Pasdaran second-in-command Mohammad Baghr Zolghadr was quoted as saying by television. "If a war breaks out, then the Persian Gulf will be the graveyard of US soldiers and their navy. Iran is not Afghanistan, and a war against us would not last two or three months. The Americans are bawling like drunkards, but with time, they will understand their mistake," he warned. A proff beyond measure ..I am well informed prior to events ...better start buying thoose solar collector pannels wind mill generators and all proven alternate energy sources ...If you don't do it better keep a few cans of beans in the house ,in a month you may produce methane to run your car a mile or so.

Comments

• BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    They're all in a dream world.Regardless of whatever smoke they want to blow, there isnt one country in the world who could defeat us in an all-out conventional war.Not even China. Their technology doesnt scratch the surface of ours, and 10 million people crossing an ocean on boats sure makes a lovely target for a stealth bomber or Tomahawk missile.
  • thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And when the russian pipes start flowing with sweet crude we won't need the bas***ds anyway.
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually it wasn't because they were so evenly matched, it was because whenever one started to get the upper hand we helped the other one. Arms to Iran & intellegence to Iraq.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I think I have seen this one. Its called (The Mouse That Roared)
  • Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem is explained clearly to thoose that can understand in 2 words. OVEREXTENDED OVERCONFIDENCE I have been monitoring this clownds intell for some time ,us intelligence is being misled as to the resources this people have at their hands ,it apears the west has not learn anything from 911 other than go full facist with their own people and flex muscle as some mitical greek god of lightning tossing volts right and left. Well I hope I am prepared to fight for our freedom in our own turf against N Coreans in Kalifornia and arabs in the carribean and Florida . History repeats intelf,learn to read the signals ,Rome (overextended) Kaput! Germany Overextended Kaput! Rusia the same, bailed out at the last minute ! USA,EXTREMELY OVEREXTENDED 1/40 productive industrial capacity of 1940s what are you dreaming of ? wake UP America! before is too late!
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    We could easily lose a war on foreign soil, but if the Chinese tried to invade, God help them! What we need is a bigger military budget to replace and upgrade some older equiptment, and we need to get out of rat traps like Somalia, Craplakistan, etc. Do the job and leave; don't leave peacekeepers there for decades. Kill all the baddies and then pull out.
    "...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conference in 1899.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Y'all made a point didnt ya. Now some more of Clintons BS is going to bite us in the *." Close them bases, cut the budget, we don't need no stinkin army"
    If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
  • twinstwins Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never underestimate your oponent.I would hate to see a conventional war with China, why would you think that they would come to us. More likely we would go there. If we didn't, there would be no war, which is a good thing. Population of China 1,273,300,000, population of US 284,500,000. Now take out the infirm, elderly, young and tell me again what you deduce about numbers alone.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The thought of going to war with China is scary. No I wouldnt underestimate them either. It would be a major war, I would be willing to bet we would see the draft come back in a big freakin hurry. But if it's gotta be done, let's do it right. Where do I sign up? IDS,, Where are you, I need enlistment papers.
    If you want my guns you will have to kill me first. I was born free and to take that from me you better be ready to fight.
  • ADfreeADfree Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it would probably be best if we attacked the chinese before they have more missles capable of reaching our shores...
    edited November -1
    Most computer ITEMS are made in china EVEN chips for F16 aircraft and stealth 27 planes ,put a gamma gupy in them chips they can fry us via satellite ,they have used our greed as a weapon against us (they already won the commerce war ) USA has become a consumer nation seeking easy money via multy level marketing and discoraging small privately owned factorys and production ,instead they have put all their eggs in a basket (nuke silicon alley our economy is screwd totaly) Nuke big Boeing airplane factory we have no planes ! some may not like the reality we are naked but someone has to tell ,If 911 was done with BOXCUTERS imagine what they will do with the nukes (Only god has stoped it from happening already) we also need prayer and higger values to survive the coming ordeals. Thanks to all ! JD
    edited November -1
    ( What if the plastics were impregnated with Bio type chemicals(not to mention the multitude of products that come from there).(alltheway) Place the toy in alcohol for a time,it will leach a white clowdish goo this is a progesterone mimic that will affect your child development ,the US GOVERMENT knows and dont give a RAT Rectum about it . So if your children nuttys are smaller than average take a better look at thoose toys,ifyour 8 year old girls have to wear size D cups brass look if she is chewing on thoose Barbie dolls and sailor moon toys.
    edited November -1
    To add to the fire heap! .....Chinese Test New Missile - Could Shred Bush's Anti-Missile ShieldBy Oliver August in BeijingThe Times - London2-12-2Chinese scientists are close to a breakthrough in rocket technology that would allow Beijing to overcome President Bush's proposed anti-missile shield, American military analysts say. The People,s Liberation Army is believed to be in the final stages of developing an intercontinental ballistic missile with multiple warheads, matching Russian, American and British nuclear technology. One Washington analyst said: "It looks like the Chinese are much further (ahead) than we originally thought." China's most advanced missiles have a range in excess of 8,000 miles, which puts them within striking distance of the continental United States. Chinese scientists are working on equipping these missiles with multiple independently targeted re-entry vehicles (Mirvs), meaning that the warhead can separate into more than a dozen individual weapons in space. At present China has around 20 long-range missiles, a number that experts say would allow the American shield to protect against the Chinese arsenal. Washington aims to be able to guard against attacks by rogue states employing up to 24 missiles. If Beijing upgraded all its missiles with multiple warheads, the analyst said, "it could easily overwhelm the shield. That would change the balance of power in Asia." US government agencies have followed China,s pro-gress in missile technology closely before a decision on the development of the missile shield. Beijing is said to have stepped up Mirv tests in recent weeks. Earlier this month the Japanese media reported a test flight, during which a Chinese missile completed the first half of its trajectory before disintegrating upon the deployment of the separate warheads. It was a Dongfeng-31, which has a range of more than 5,000 miles. China is also said to be preparing for a test of the naval version. US intelligence officials are said to have spotted preparations for the test at a Chinese naval port. Washington first highlighted China,s attempt to develop Mirv technology in 1998, when it claimed that Beijing had obtained Russian SS18 missile technology. The topic is expected to be discussed during President Bush,s visit to Beijing next week.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ON the other hand, since Tienamen Square, if not before, it has been clear that the Communist government of China may be out of step with most of its citizens in the same way that the Taliban and Saddam became. Cut off the head, and the people might celebrate. Maybe the greatest danger is the mistake the Nazis made. They tried to fight on too many fronts at once, and spread themselves too thin.
    "The 2nd Amendment is about defense, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    If you want to see Cold War II, wait and see if the Chinese refit their nuclear ICBMs with MIRVs.It took 5 treaties to eliminate the existance of MIRVs on paper, Lord knows how many exist in secret.During the Cold War, the Soviets had an ICBM that could reach the East Coast from Moscow or the West Coast from Vladiostok, and carried 8 MIRVs, each with approximately 48 times the explosive power of the Hiroshima bomb, each able to be independently targetted to any target up to 500 miles from the main missile detachment.I believe they had something like 30-40 of these missiles on hair-trigger launch silos and 200-300 in storage.Gives you a sense of the insanity of the human race.
  • royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do have one bit of hopeful info for all of us. In China's entire history they have never waged a war of conquest. We are looking at this situation through western eyes. I am not saying for a minute that we should trust them. But, they can imagine what they would do to us, they have seen (Hiroshima,Nagasaki) what can happen to someone who attacks this country. I don't think the Chinese are that stupid.