In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HOW?

TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
I want to know what means was used to circumvent airport security. Before today, it would have been thought impossible to successfully hijack this many airliners, from different locations within the US, without our detecting any failed attempts.We can't allow ists to shut down our country, but all airlines must remain grounded until we figure out what it is we're looking for. Those are the most important black boxes we've ever seen.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    my cousin had his guns in storage with his dad when he was in England, he had been robbed, two pistols were missing, but his pride and joy, Ruger Redhawk, this gun and the next sequence serial number like gun were both found in a river in canada. He had never been to canada. the canadian police wanted him to come to canada. when he refused to volunteer, they issued a warrent. He was in the Air Force. just lucky for him that his commander beleived him. But the question still makes you wonder just how did they know that one of the 44's were his?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How do some of you put pictures at the bottom of your postings?
  • Options
    tajjntajjn Member Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I fly a little, and in several of the airports that I have gone through they had security personal that could hardly speak english. Heck detroit had a bunch of middle east types doing the security checks a few years ago. Probably paying minimum wage for the security people, so you get what you pay for.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm retired from an airline and worked at Dulles. We had to do security checks on a regular basis. It didn't happen often, but sometimes we got through.Mudge
    Anyone who CAN carry, SHOULD carry!
  • Options
    SP TigerSP Tiger Member Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It may be somehow possible, according to one station I was watching, I can't remember which, that it could have been terrorists dressed as crew or at least someone on the "inside", or fake weapons that would not have been picked up by security. I can't see a pilot deliberately flying a plane into the WTC, even with a gun to his head. Also, a terrorist at the helm of the aircraft would have to have flying experience to be able to control such a plane and hit a target so accurately.
    Better to have and not need, than need and not have.