In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Star Spangled Banner / Sandi Patti

gunboobgunboob Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
I'm an older member that hasn't been posting hardly at all, due to the seasonal changes that move me. Lurking and checking once, maybe twice a day, but pretty quiet.The seasonal fall change will probably bring me back out of my computer "Luddite" attitude.Anyway,...what gets me going now is....have you all heard that extra long rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" as sung by Sandi Patti ?I heard it before, at a point of national crises, but it seemed to have died down, being too long, I guess. Even now, a lot of stations only play a shortened bit, time being too important.Just once in a while now, I do catch the whole thing....Lord God A'mighty,...what a powerful piece.I can't have them doing that when I'm around people, lest they see what a wimp I am. Just running that thing thru my head gets me red eyed, I am so impressed with it.My opinion.....If ya ain't heard it,...get it.....I believe you'll be glad.Bob [This message has been edited by gunboob (edited 09-17-2001).]

Comments

• badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You aren't alone Bob. Just the sight of our flag passing in a parade is enough to choke me up. And you ain't a wimp. What you feel is called patriotism.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If, God forbid, a beloved family member, or friend was seriously injured/killed,...wouldn't you cry?Well then, to become 'red eyed' at the sound of our National Anthem, especially the way Sandi Patti belts it out, is evidence of your love for this country "physically leaking out"
    Happy Bullet Holes!
  • Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still gives me a chill even when the highschool band plays it.Its best when it is immediatly followed by "Gentlemen start your engines"
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2
  • joonya187joonya187 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have felt that gut-wrench. That knot that makes you talk funny. Until lately I have never 'seen' it.My friend came over to visit, and (in my best effort to keep composure) I explained why I fly the huge US flag that I do.I was...heartened... to see that he, like myself, shared so deep a devotion to our standard and what it means.I am almost used to 'being a wuss' in public.