In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

N frame Smith 's and SKS magazine

m52manm52man Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 2002 in General Discussion
I am looking to buy N frame Smith and Wessons preferebly in a 4" barrel, but will also consider an Anaconda in 4" stainless. Also, I just got an SKS Dragnov with a factory 5 shot attached mag and want some kind of high cap that will work with it

Tom

kt;lhaklsjtl

Comments

• Options
    DarkStar11DarkStar11 Member Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No comment on the Smith question, but . . .

On the SKS, are you sure that it is a 5 round and not a 10 round fixed mag? The fixed mags are very reliable and can be reloaded very rapidly with stripper clips. If 10 rounds don't do it for you, you can get a fixed 20 round magazine. I don't know of anyone that reccomends converting a fixed mag SKS to a detachable mag. Too many jams, very poor performance. If you must have a detachable mag SKS, get the sporter model that takes AK mags and avoid the conversion.

If you need a 10 or 20 round fixed mag, you should be able to find one either here at GunBroker.com or http://www.sksparts.com

DarkStar11
    "...But Mona Lisa musta had the highway bluesYou can tell by the way she smiles..."

Edited by - DarkStar11 on 05/31/2002 00:25:49
  • Options
    thesoundguy1thesoundguy1 Member Posts: 680
    edited November -1
    I've had very few problems with my sks detatched mags.The only ones
    you want to avoid are the "USA Mags" brand.I've never had a "USA Mags" brand magazine work properly..NONE!That goes for SKS and the
    30 rd.TEC-9 mags.
  • Options
    S&W ManS&W Man Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two best N Frames S&W's available = the Model 28 .357 Magnum with a 4" barrel, and the 1917. the good ole 45 ACP. The 28 is hands down the finest wheelgun EVER made.

The second admendment GUARANTEES the other nine and the Constitution!