In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Quick to Condemn...

HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
That would be me.
Posted on here the other night was ...perhaps...some bum info about the NRA.The jury is still out on this...

And I do not believe the 'official' word from the NRA..I have been watching them for many years,and the truth is elusive for them.

However....I need..and will..be a little slower in the future to cast a snap judgement on them.The info came from what I consider a relible source....and it worries me that there was NO INFORMATION out there about this vote coming up so soon...

We shall see what we shall see,next week...meanwhile,I intend to continue to search for the truth..because smoke came from somewhere...

Senate RollCall Gun Lawsuits
Thu Feb 26, 2:58 PM ET

By The Associated Press

The roll call by which the Senate voted 70-27 on Thursday to require safety locks on all handguns sold in the United States. The requirement is part of a bill that protects gun makers and distributors from lawsuits arising from gun crimes
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040226/ap_on_go_co/senate_rollcall_gun_lawsuits_1

Comments

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do the same dang thing. As far as the NRA goes, I posted the correction yesterday because I took the post on here that contained the slam on the NRA and spammed it all over the place! One site I put it up about 50 guys was tearing up thier membership cards[:0] oops. Anyhow a poster on another board brought that "official word" to my attention and I took it and made some apologies for scaring everyone. Now that there is the rebuttal from the NRA and the previous post folks can determine on their own who is right.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    quote:One site I put it up about 50 guys was tearing up thier membership cards

Nut, this is precisely why the NRA will not admit that they are being silent in the Senate chambers about all this. They aren't stupid, just another bureaucracy. Rest assured, if they are vocal about something, it is plastered ALL OVER THE LEFT-WING MEDIA! Think about it.

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    What do you do though? I'm one of those folks who feels like to deceive me is to lie to me, and once someone has lied to me once, I see them as liars. I am a member of the NRA, but I have not been happy with their two faced politics the last few years. Some of them border on deceit. I'll give them the rest of 2004, then I have to make a decision. I hope they come back to our side.

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The NRA has received quite a few phone calls and email asking about this, in the last day or two. Some of them were not so friendly. I have read their "cover story" only AFTER the fact. My question is, why did they wait until AFTER the uproar from people like us, to say anything? Why are the emails, warning us about the issues being discussed in the senate, being sent out now? Were they by chance, caught with their hand in the cookie jar, and got called on it? I am not quite ready to condemn them on this yet, but I will be watching. I have not seen many reasons (over the last few years) to put much faith in them.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    It is almost impossible to clearly and easily recognize a lie from a distance. So until I see the smoking gun I will not accuse the NRA of lying. But what I can't understand is so many people on this forum wanting to be able to either love or to hate the NRA. It seems everything must be a sharp black or white regardingthe NRA. No one seems to want to sometimes realize there can be grey area regarding the NRA. The same kind of grey area involving the feelings we often get as we interact with friends and co-workers and they sometimes do things that hurt us. Or things we THINK or have HEARD that those friends did.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    TR;

70 years of promoting gun control looks black enough for me.No grey there at all.The NRA record has been posted in these forums several times..

No sin in meeting an enemy on the battlefield and being defeated...I cannot say the same of those who would crawl on their belly to the enemy with a handful of 'compromise'...so as to put the final stroke of the sword onto their children.

Harsh words...? You bet.My years grow short..and I don't have time to sugar-coat reality. The reality is blunt..today,we are accepting more gun control is this new bill...ammo restrictions at least..with the NRA'S full blessings.Also Trigger locks..so next wek they can pass a bill REQUIRING THOSE LOCKS TO BE INSTALLED...until you actually shoot the deer..then they go RIGHT BACK ON THE GUN...

Dislike the word "Enemy"...? What would a sensible man call a foreign invader that said that the Second Amendment only applied to HIS military and Police....HMMMMMMMM ????