In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

We're Letting Them Abuse Us With Our Own Property

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Is anyone besides me getting sick and tired of the television media getting filthy rich all the while broadcasting news and 20/20 type shows that push ideas, thoughts and philosophy that are the opposite of what myself and most Americans like, want or believe in? Especially the Americans on this forum? What about all the pampered, over-paid, arrogant talking heads, the wanna-be movie stars, who have become multi-millionaires by presenting the world to you as they want the world to look, or pushing concepts that totally contradict how most Americans think and feel?

Well, they are doing all that on your dime. Oh, I'm not trying to say that the broadcast networks haven't spent their own billions (but earned by selling you advertisements) on their equipment, stations, salarys, etc. I just trying to remind every America that each and every one of those Americans do own a very important part of those television networks (and to a smaller degree, even the cable networks). And that important part is the very airwaves (electromagnetic frequencies) that the television networks must have to survive and to deliver their product to you. And for every frequency that is "owned" or control by a television network, that is one less frequency available to the public for their use for their cell phones, garage door openers, alarm systems, etc., etc.. In other words, the television networks are using your property and often using it to beam propaganda to your children and to other citizens that many of us strongly disagree with. Similar to telemarketers using your telephone to call your family and make suggestions you don't want to be made.

In other words, they are producing a product, which often expresses views harmful to your future, and then using your frequencies to beam that product into your home. Kind of like a car thief stealing one of your cars and then using it to run you off the road. Or some such example, that probably isn't the best.

Oh, I know that those filthy rich networks pay us (our government actually) for the use of those airwaves, but they pay only pennies on the dollar of what they are worth.

So hows come we don't make our government make those rich networks treat gunowners (and others) fairly? Are there ways to bring this about? Just curious.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Fox!!! You've seen through their agenda!!! Change the culture by only tell one side of the story!!![:0]

Yes, my friend, I too am sick of it![:(!]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the response. We need to make them accountable for the misuse of "our property".

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Now,TR;

quote:"how come we don't make our government make those rich networks treat gunowners fairly.."

Since the government ITSELF treats us like idiot cousins..and we allow it...why should ANYONE ELSE treat us like adults ? Hmmmm?
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Highball
    treats us like idiot cousins..

What do you do to get the preferential treatment? They treat me like a ba$turd child![V]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    You'd think they would learn from the shows they have, what America wants. "Tool Time", a very good show, was #1 for a long time and I for one still watch it every day.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Highball, you're right of course. And hey, how did you out those neat lines on the top and bottom of my quote you posted? I would like to do that but don't know how.

DHeffley: that was a funny one!

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    tr fox Posted - 02/28/2004 : 06:08:58 AM

quote:DHeffley: that was a funny one!

He IS INDEED a funny one !!

quote:About the lines...just drop down to what you want "quoted"..highlite it..then click the "insert quote" button.

I think this is what you asked ?[:D]

quote:And hey, how did you out those neat lines on the top and
    I am a little careful of what is "outed" these days...[:D][:0][xx(]