In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

He is one step closer to taking our guns

1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
Bagosonofabit(h

Full story
http://www.illinois.gov/PressReleases/ShowPressRelease.cfm?SubjectID=3&RecNum=4183

quote:Today we celebrate the triumph of common sense and a better chance at safe neighborhoods - neighborhoods free from violence, neighborhoods free from fear," said Gov. Blagojevich.
"Before we signed this bill, individuals could attend gun shows and buy weapons, regardless of their criminal history, putting our families and our neighborhoods at risk. This law will help keep dangerous weapons out of criminal hands, making our communities safer and more secure."

Sure we where just selling them to anyone who would buy them

quote: The governor has pushed strongly for the state assault weapons ban currently being considered by the legislature. The legislation would ban assault weapons and .50 caliber rifles in Illinois, which are extremely dangerous weapons. The ban would outlaw weapons such as UZIs, AK47s, and TEC-DC9s.

They left out ar-15's or anything that looks like them, included in his .50 cal ban is 12 gauge shotguns, he has tried to pass it twice and failed so far, and is expected to try it again

Comments

• Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    This bill was aided and abeted by gun owners and gun clubs in your state.
    Enjoy the new restrictions..and keep right on associating with the garbage that helped put it in place.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    An' I thought all the iceholes were in Kalifornia!?

"Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit" --OVID
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:This bill was aided and abeted by gun owners and gun clubs in your state.
    Enjoy the new restrictions..and keep right on associating with the garbage that helped put it in place.

I am still asleep drinking my coffee, and usually do not like to respond to such F^(ked up comments, but I am a member of three gun clubs, and this has been one of our priorities since that S.O.B. got into office, I also attend every gun show for 125 miles, I have yet to find one person that supports him or Chicago's plight, your reply is so far off base it is not funny , that's like telling us all here, we are responsible for the Clinton gun ban
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, you twit...go argue with the Knox family.They reported that the Illinois State gun club was responsible for helping pass this law. Shotgun News,,,within the last couple issues. This jives neatly with the actions of the NRA for many years.

Go ahead...bury your head in the sand and pretend.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So what is your solution there Highball......Some of us are stuck in in Blagoland. Most of us call our Reps, attend meetings and do what we can do. The name calling and Monday morning quarterbacking is not real helpful.

I am not happy about the change....the truth is however, we are stuck with the FOID card here in Illinois. It has been a fact of life for 30 plus years.

Under Illinois Law no transaction can occur without the buyer producing a valid FOID card. Even Sales between private parties without collecting the FOID info and keeping it for 10 years would be a violation of state statute. Those are the facts....and have been since the FOID statute was written.

This law is feel good crap that will not really change things. I am concerned about Blago and Dickie Daily's continued attempts to introduce new restrictions and bans.

As they do, the majority of us will continue to fight the fight.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Well, you twit...go argue with the Knox family.They reported that the Illinois State gun club was responsible for helping pass this law. Shotgun News,,,within the last couple issues. This jives neatly with the actions of the NRA for many years.

Well highball it wasn't the knox family posting it here to argue with, you take second hand information, and post a negative comment towards my post, and I am a twit? {LOL}

First of all you evidently do not live in the state so it has nothing to do with you, you have absolutely no clue as to the efforts the people of Illinois that do not support the law have done to defeat it, we also have worked with GOA, emails, calls and petitions until we where blue in the face, but the governor of this state is as anti-gun as Feinstein and will stop at nothing to take our guns
  • Options
    edited November -1
    1911;
    You no doubt worked hard trying to defeat this bill. My point was...other so-called "Gun people" worked to pass it. Their posititon was....we will help pass THIS gun control bill...if anti-gunners agreed to drop certain other regulations...A tactic employed by the NRA for years.

"Twit"..? You attacked me over my statement with absolutely no idea wether I knew what I was talking about at all...while I respect your opinion...I think Knoxs' son has a much better overview of the statewide situation then you..with all due respect.

"Nothing to do with me"...because I don't live in your state ? Perhaps you are narrow enough to believe that...But I believe that a gun law ANYWHERE in this country I love is a blow against freedom..thusly is aimed directly at people like me...

That being said...my opinion is..get out of the political process entirely. Stop playing in the cesspool they love to splash in. Allow them to have their total gun ban. Refuse to obey it. Allow the chips to fall where they may....

One step at a time...they are beating Americans into a corner....
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    So, your solution to gun bills being passed in America is to attack the NRA, GOA, Illinois gunowners, and insinuate that the organizations and individuals involved are all in on some sort of conspiracy?!
    OK then.

"Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit" --OVID
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am unable to find on the web this Jeff Knox report. This is merely a citizen mentioning it...http://www.curevents.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17614

In the July 11 issue of Shotgun News, on page 11 thereof, find The Knox Report, nowadays written by Jeff KNox, Neal's son.

The current piece is entitled Et Tu ISRA, this last standing for Illinois State Rifle Association, which along with The NRA, if Knox is correct, has managed to really stick it to Illinois Gun People, as well as possibly giving a large boost to the national push for "closing the gun show loophole", which so far as I previously knew, did not exist.

Once again, perhaps it's time to inquire concerning what it is that winds the NRA up, perhaps the same question being put to the ISRA, both of whom seem to have been SNOOKERED, to their everlasting shame, not to mention to the detriment of gun owners everywhere, again assuming that Knox has got it right.

Conspiracy ? Your words, 505. The answer to your question ? The gun laws just keep tightening up..don't they, fella ? You and your kind keep asking for more more more money..endlessly..and the laws just keep on keeping on..endlessly tightening up.

The defination of insanity ? Doing the same thing over and over and over and over...expecting different results.
  • Options
    FrogbertFrogbert Member Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1911a1fan, William81 and gunnut505, it is a sorry plight for you.
    I can understand your frustations when the unwise are the powers that be. Then to be berated by an unknowledgeable * with no respect who loves to hear himself run off at the mouth is adding insult to injury....and on your favorite forum too! Sheesh!

Well, we here, and many others are with you good folks up there and our prayers are for a lasting solution to this kind of infringement upon your rights.

1911a1fan, check your email for an idea I have, make sure your spam filter doesn't put me in junk mail.

Frog.

RiBBButt...You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd, but you can be happy if you've a mind to. -Roger Miller
  • Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    Indeed, the last couple of issues of SGN has reported on the folly of Illinois gun rights organizations trying to compromize in this position. It has lead to disaster. I have said over and over again, the only correct position on gun rights is NO COMPROMIZE.

GBLogo-170x60.gif

MEMBER SINCE 10/24/1999.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Frogbert posted;
    quote:Then to be berated by an unknowledgeable * with no respect who loves to hear himself run off at the mouth is adding insult to injury....and on your favorite forum too! Sheesh

Go ahead..hate my guts, sonny. You are too young or too dumb to understand what I am saying, I suppose.
    Pardon me if I don't fall in line and slop praise on those wading into the cesspool to do battle with slimy politicians to try and prevent the latest round of freedom destroying laws perpetrated by criminals.
    The conventional methods do not work anymore...the steady encroachment upon the Second Amendment never stops. Want to brag about CCW laws...sweeping the land ? Right...they codified into law the theory that guns are a PRIVILEGE..NOT A RIGHT !!! Net gain..."0"....Loss...HUGE !!

You don't like MY solution to the problem ? FINE. Then think about a new approach to dealing with politicians that doesn't involve steady declines in freedom. Otherwise...guys like me are going to continue to call "Bullhocky" on outfits like the NRA that continue to compromise our rights away.

I stand on the Constitution. Where do you stand ?

Respect ? Sonny...not having yours is a plus plus for me.
  • Options
    diver1diver1 Member Posts: 502 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In North Carolina we can purchase any gun without a back ground
    check if you have a concealed weapons permit.Does this mean that at gun shows you can't take it with you? Can you even get a back ground check on the weekend? Defeats the purpose of the gun show and pushes
    you into the gun shops.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:This bill was aided and abeted by gun owners and gun clubs in your state.

Highball I did not make a personal attack on you, your above statement clearly shows joy of the new law, and placing the blame on every citizen in the state, I personally could care less who knox is or his opinion as a columnist, he himself or anyone else cannot speak for every Illinois citizen, I presented this topic here to my fellow gun owners as a heads up warning, {if my state can do it, your state could be next}, I in no way expected someone to throw it back in my face and tell me how it is mine and my gun clubs fault which is so far out of touch it is not funny, and base this knowledge in a magazine article

quote:
    Twit"..? You attacked me over my statement with absolutely no idea wether I knew what I was talking about at all...while I respect your opinion...I think Knoxs' son has a much better overview of the statewide situation then you..with all due respect.

No again I did not attack you, you are the one that has resorted to juvenile name calling in this thread not just to me but to others, as far as me having no idea whether you know what you are talking about, I have a good idea you know nothing about which you speak, your sole knowledge is based so far on a magazine article and another forum's opinion on the same article..with all due respect of course

The gun owners of Illinois have been fighting a battle, and will continue to fight the battle no one I know has put down their arms in this fight, Chicago is the biggest city in the state and has a big majority of voters , yes I do believe this law was a compromise, if this or any other gun law was put before the people to vote on it would be defeated , the people of Illinois have as much defense on gun issues as the people of California, we have a p.o.s. governor who will stop at nothing to take our guns
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Illinois is a and allways has been a "strange bird" as well as Kanasas.
    The wife having formerly had a "Homestead/Farming operation" in Athens, IL., and then knowing the the peoples mind set, this is what I have come to understand.

The citizen's of the urban power basis being Chicago for Il, & Wichita for KS., are anti-gun. While there are large ruarl farming opertions, with alot of the them being in access of 1,000 acres, are also anti-gun, for good reasons.

The rural farming people have problems with city slickers wanting to tresspass on their crop lands to hunt deer, quail & pheasent.
    Resulting in stray bullets everwhere, especialy during dear season.
    Shotguns for fowel is not that bad, but when you have sweetie's tresspassing, then is when the troubles start.

As for as the ruaral farmers, they dont want a bunch of city slickers blasting away in their fields.

As most large crop operations, have to operate 20 hours a day, 6 days a week to make ends meet.
    The last thing you need while on the tractor, is a "Urban Idiot" shooting across your fields while your trying to make a living & working the same field.

I understand both sides, but until they enforcing the exisiting laws, then the new laws are bull craps laws or a knee jerk and feel goods.

As long as the larger urban "Power Centers" can dictate laws for a entire state, we will continue to see the erriosion of our 2nd Amendment rights.

I wont take sides on either on this one, but Dailey Sucks!

Walte
  • Options
    Da-TankDa-Tank Member Posts: 4,074
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a plan to me.[:D][:D]

Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:assault weapons and .50 caliber rifles in Illinois, which are extremely dangerous weapons. The ban would outlaw weapons such as UZIs, AK47s, and TEC-DC9s.

Golly are not any other guns but these "Dangerous"? I know this is just a chip in the wall, next will be anything remotely semi automatic, then comes the Bolts, and then the single shots,

Dont these idiots realize that crimes committed with these guns is less than 1% of crimes committed with guns, and that Guns are used in only 12-15 percent of crimes.. Its about time they start talking about the other 85% and get that down to the level of gun crimes..then they can say they have accomplished something..

yo-yo.gifsmilie_flagge13.gifmittelgr124.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    here is a link to sb 1195 we defeated twice so far

http://www.nraila.org/CurrentLegislation/read.aspx?ID=577

SB 1195-Complete Semi-Auto Ban

PREAMBLE OF SB 1195:

"(720 ILCS 5/24-1.7 new)
    Sec. 24-1.7. (a) The General Assembly finds .that the use of these weapons, devices, or attachments for sport or recreation is substantially outweighed by the danger these weapons or devices present to human life, and that restrictions should therefore be placed on the manufacture, delivery, and possession of these weapons, devices, and attachments."

ATTENTION HUNTERS: SB 1195 bans any semi-automatic firearm with a bore diameter of .50 caliber and larger, and a magazine capacity over 5 rounds. This includes many 10, 12, 16, 20 and 28 gauge semi-automatic shotguns.

SB 1195: Outlaws the manufacture, possession, sale and transfer of AR-15s, M1As, FALs, plus lower and upper receivers, magazines and magazine parts capable of holding more than 10 rounds, including black powder hunting rifles with a bore diameter greater the .50 caliber.

Under SB 1195: Individuals must surrender their firearms to the State or local police within 90 days of enactment, remove it from the state or destroy the firearm.

This means Illinois based companies: Armalite, Les Baer, Rock River Arms, Springfield Armory, DS Arms, and others will be unable to continue to employ their workers and prohibited from manufacturing these firearms for individuals or to fulfill current contracts with the U.S. military. Millions of dollars of state income tax revenue, corporate taxes and sales taxes will be lost forever in Illinois, at the same time that the state is facing a $5 billion dollar budget deficit.

Non-Compliance with any part of SB 1195 will cause you to be charged with a FELONY.
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    What a bunch of whiners.

I suggest that we sell guns to anyone who wants them.

Let's not restrict sales to anyone who wants to buy a gun.

I know a LOT of twelve year olds who can get their hands
    on enough $$$ to buy a good secondhand gun - some even
    have more pocket money than I do!

Gun locks!? Waste of time - get those little five year olds out
    of the gene pool - more room for the rest of us!

No sales restrictions will also benefit society since it will take the
    pressure off the criminals to have to break into our homes and
    steal YOUR guns. Mine are locked in three vaults so I don't care
    what happens to YOUR guns, anyway.

... and what's with this mandatory waiting period before you can
    load'r up and go * even! It'd be a big help for all those enraged
    drunks out there who don't like your looks! Be SO much easier to
    buy a handy gun and settle up accounts NOW without having to
    wait and have to go through the whole getting drunk and finding
    you process again.

Know what's even bettah - let EVERYONE carry and let Gawd
    Sort'em Out!

Some things are just plain and simple logical!

One other thing - what's with these little serial numbers stamped all
    over our guns!?? What a waste of time! Get rid of those, too! Doesn't
    it make more sense to let the criminal to just leave the gun at the
    scene of your mother's murder - without having to lug that big
    ole gun away with him - and not have to worry under the undue
    stress of the possibility of being traced down and captured!

Just a few comments - folks got to begin using their smarts.

Later - I've got to mend some of my tinfoil helmets - the mind rays
    are beginning to penetrate and the aliens seem to be winning.

Here's something of even more value to the average reader here;

THE REDNECK LOVE POEM

? ? ? ? SUSIE LEE DONE FELL IN LOVE;
    ? ? ? ? SHE PLANNED TO MARRY JOE.
    ? ? ? ? SHE WAS SO HAPPY 'BOUT IT ALL
    ? ? ? ? SHE TOLD HER PAPPY SO.
    ? ? ? PAPPY TOLD HER, SUSIE GAL,
    ? ? ? ? YOU'LL HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER.
    ? ? ? ? I'D JUST AS SOON YO' MA DON'T KNOW,
    ? ? ? ? BUT JOE IS YO' HALF BROTHER.

??????? SO SUSIE PUT ASIDE HER JOE
    ? ? ? ? AND PLANNED TO MARRY WILL,
    ? ? ? ? BUT AFTER TELLING PAPPY THIS,
    ? ? ? ? HE SAID, "THERE'S TROUBLE STILL.
    ? ? ? ? YOU CAN'T MARRY WILL, MY GAL,
    ? ? ? ? AND PLEASE DON'T TELL YOU' MOTHER,
    ? ? ? ? BUT WILL AND JOE, AND SEVERAL MO'
    ? ? ? ? I KNOW IS YO' HALF BROTHER.

??????? BUT MAMA KNEW AND SAID, MY CHILD,
    ? ? ? ? JUST DO WHAT MAKES YO' HAPPY.
    ? ? ? ? MARRY WILL OR MARRY JOE.
    ? ? ? ? YOU AIN'T NO KIN TO PAPPY.

Pass me 'nuther beer!
  • Options
    timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    Amen Zipper. I am in complete agreement.

When I was 12, I owned a 16 ga shotgun and a .22 rifle. When my son was 12, he owned a 20 ga shotgun and a .22 rifle. I bought him a lifetime hunting and fishing license as well. He intends to offer the same opportunities to his children. I have no problem with 12 year-old kids owning guns. They are US citizens and entitled to the rights and protections of the US Constitution.

I too believe gun restriction should be minimal. Gun ownership is a constitutional right. And I own guns today without serial numbers. They never had serial numbers. Now my wife's blender and her bread machine have serial numbers, but as far as I know neither those appliances nor my un-numbered guns have been involved in any crimes.

This country was a better and a safer place when we could walk into most any Wester-Auto, Sears, Montgomery-Wards, etc and buy a shotgun, rifle or handgun with a minimal amount of documentation. I was once with a friend who bought a shotgun one morning on the way to the field for a noon-opening dove hunt - the same day. I will never be convinced that there is anything wrong with that. On the contrary, it strikes me as just plain wrong when that cannot be done.

As for gun locks, I agree - that shoud be at the option of the owner. I don't use locks on the guns, axes, hammers, knives or golf clubs here at the place. Shucks I don't even lock the electrical breaker box out back even though it has a hasp designed just for that and no telling how many folks are killed each year while digging around in those things.

There is lots of truth in your posting. While we do have much more to fear from gun-contolling governments than we do from those armed bloodthirsty gangbangers, drunken pistoleros and crazed pre-teens, I do carry lethal firearms in the event of a horrible necessity. That is my Constitutional right and is guaranteed in more than one place in that noble document.

In these times where gun ownership is under continued & coordinated attack, it is unfortunate indeed that gun owners are so "disunited" in their appreciation of the situation. Unless freedom-loving gun owners of all kinds - hunters, range shooters, pistol, rifle, shotgunners, target, clays, etc. - put aside their petty objections to one or the other's pursuits and begin behaving like patriots and engage in a sustained, uncompromising resistance to the tyranny of gun control, we will - ALL of us - leave behind a hollow facade of America bearing only a vague resemblance to the nation that was born of heroic & patriotic rejection of tyranny.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I do NOT advocate armed rebellion..contrary to what several here believe.
    Massive civil disobedience is another matter entirely. Ten thousand unarmed men surrounding a jail where yet another hapless gun-owner picked up for yet another bogus charge would send a powerful message to those in power.

E-mailing the latest political figure...begging him to obey the Constitution....just ain't gonna get the job done.