In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mass passes Gay Marriage Law (Link)

RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=World&cat=Gays_and_Lesbians

RUGER.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

Comments

• SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that. Ohio has a similar bill going through right now. I got my fingers crossed for a no vote...

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suspension, Ohio is denying same sex marriages, my newspaper said today Taft is signing it into law. The gay marriage bill is dead, brought up by Dems, the minority for now.
    Ohio, the we just said no to gay marriages state.
    Things are looking up, first CCW now this
    Might not be all that bad around here after all.
    -Ralph

In the demonstable absence of evolutionary perfection, if some calamity is not to occur, we shall have to learn to live with ourselves as we are. Fast. -Tattersall
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When Kalifornia craps, it floats to the surface in Boston. Massholia is even worse than the Left Coast . . . and that's what I say in G mode.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain)
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Ralph, all I can say is woohoo!! And hope that I spelled that right.
    Old Bob came through again and I'm glad. I thought that was going to pass.

Thanks for the update..
    Jay

"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I read, the legislature came up with a "civil union" law, and the courts said "no dice" on that.
    What I find most amazing, is that even in Massachusettes, the majority is completely against homosexual marriage. Even more important, the legislature and the governor are opposed to gay marriage? So why doesnt Massachusettes just ignore the court ruling? Why are they bending over to allow a few judges to exert their will on the people?

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got my ministerial license from Mass for weddings.[:0] I may be a bit confused in what to say: "I now pronounce you man and husband or husband and husband or woman and woman or wife and wife", NOT![:(]

A sad state of affairs in deed.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    From what I read, the legislature came up with a "civil union" law, and the courts said "no dice" on that.
    What I find most amazing, is that even in Massachusettes, the majority is completely against homosexual marriage. Even more important, the legislature and the governor are opposed to gay marriage? So why doesnt Massachusettes just ignore the court ruling? Why are they bending over to allow a few judges to exert their will on the people?

Ahaa democracy.........gotta love it! Ya know, "Government of the People, By the People, For the People," etc. Wonder if any judges ever read the Constitution?

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • NOSLEEPNOSLEEP Member Posts: 4,526
    edited November -1
    Well if they allow same sex marriage, then they will have to allow
    consenting adults who would like to marry more than one person
    or perhaps a consensual couple that would like to marry his
    sister. What is the difference. That is the concern that scares me.

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not,
    and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOSLEEP
    Well if they allow same sex marriage, then they will have to allow
    consenting adults who would like to marry more than one person
    or perhaps a consensual couple that would like to marry his
    sister. What is the difference. That is the concern that scares me.

Sooo you are not at all concerned about the homosexuals marryingeach other, but are more concerned about brothers and sisters marrying, or polygamy, etc. Ohhh never mind. I forgot you were Candian, you love your same sex marriages.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • NOSLEEPNOSLEEP Member Posts: 4,526
    edited November -1
    So you cant read neither, Salzo.

He who knows not, and knows not he knows not, is a fool shun him.

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not,
    and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    AW heck, lets just throw all rules, laws and morality out the window and all of us live lives of debauchery and evil..after all who would we be hurting??[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

animatflip.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A question to add to the mix:

Why is it illegal for a man to be married to more than one woman but legal for a man to live as life-partners with more than one woman and have children with more than one woman without being married?

With a marriage contract comes financial responsibility for which is punishable by law if a man has more than one wife but without a marriage contract a man living with more than one woman as life-partners there are no fiducial responsiblities and perfectly legal.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.

Don't fly the river!
  • BlackieBoogerBlackieBooger Member Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hillary can now get a divorce and get married to her lover in Mass.

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, not liberty to purchase power."
    Benjamin Franklin, 1785
    123div.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NOSLEEP
    Well if they allow same sex marriage, .then they will have to allow consenting adults who would like to marry more than one person or perhaps a consensual couple that would like to marry his sister What is the difference. .That is the concern that scares me

I think I can read just fine. Homosexual marriage does not concern you, what you think it will lead to is the concern that scares you.

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    [xx(][:(!][V][xx(][xx(][:(!][V][V][:(!][xx(][xx(][:(!][V][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][V][xx(][V][xx(][V][xx(][V][xx(][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When 2 queers can have a child (without outside help) I will then
    give it little thought. Quote,"if you cant reproduce you must recruit". Thats what it is all about.