In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Has no one remembered V.E. Day?

elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
O.K., I've been a long time reader of this forum. I have never written a topic though. With all the vets on this board, no one has mentioned the anniversary of VICTORY OVER EUROPE, May 8, 1945. Long live American freedom, although I have my doubts. Eddie

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    I remember V E day we were in Idaho dad was training boots at the navel base.
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember. My uncle Harold died at PH. My dad served in France during '43-'45. He was drafted when he was 38! Yes, I remember. How many true frinds in Europe have we received?
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was thinking about it VE Day today, but as far as not mentioning it, well I don't tell the folks here everything that I think about [;)]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,875 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Yep, it sure is! That must have been wonderful news to everyone back in '45.
  • Joe DreesJoe Drees Member Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually today is my 14th anniversery. My war is still raging[:D]
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Two things I wish I could have witnessed:

1. The sound of a thousand-bomber raid en-route to target. Four thousand huge radials droning above actually shook the earth as they made their slow progress across the sky.

2. The sound of thousands of bells pealing at the same time from all churches, horizon to horizon (8 May, 1945)

..Childhood recollections of my father's musings, as he witnessed both (Italian Campaign-WWII) Best, Joe
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did by playing call of duty...
    but every server I joined the krautenfaggers were winning...guess today's youth like fagzis [:(]

seriously though, I never forget VE day
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    Obama remembered it by praising Winston Churchill for not torturing POWs during the war. Of course this makes Obama a complete fool and idiot... again, but not knowing his factual history. Is he really this stupid or is it act?
  • joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes , I remembered V.E. Day and being in Austria on that day for the big celibration after fighting in France and Germany as a Infantry Rifleman.. It was a good feeling to realize that for a while at least we were safe. Luckily we did not go to the PTO.