In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Acme threaded rod & nuts

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Anyone know a good place to buy stainless steel acme threaded rod and hex nuts (3/4-6)? I have tried numerous places I found on the internet and the ones that do have it are priced out of this world and have 6 week deliveries..

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

Comments

• dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    McMaster-Carr is the only one I would recommend for SS.
    Don

eng.JPG
    Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Thanks dongizmo! You know what? I have tried so many different places that I totally forgot about McMaster Carr or MSC. Thanks again!

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know Lowes has threaded rod in the hardware section but I'm not sure if they carry stainless.

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
    IMG_8700.jpg
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your welcome.
    I could have quoted you for steel, But McMaster has the stainless.
    They have a easy to use web site to.
    http://www.mcmaster.com/
    Don

eng.JPG
    Welcome to America...Now speak English.
    ````````````````````````
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • adminadmin Member, Administrator Posts: 1,079 admin
    edited November -1
    Maybe http://www.boltdepot.com
    I have purchased from them in the past
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I'll try them to.
    thanks!!!

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just sent a link to this thread to my kid brother. He just happens to be a salesman for a local fastener distributor. If he gets back to me I'll let you know.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check Grainger, Mcmaster Carr, or look up a local bolt and screw supplier. I have to do this everyday stainless thd rod will run you a pretty penny no matter where you go. Best bet shop around for the best price. Grainger has a website as well.
  • joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Suspension: Yes, just checked my MSC book and they have it in stainless
    with the 3/4 - 6 Acme thread. Also 3/4-5 Acme thread. It is big bucks though in stainless. Believe it is on page 983. However my catalogue
    is a couple of years old and page has maybe changed.