In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Texas is mighty fine!

wallmanwallman Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Hey Y'all!
My first visit to Texas was over expectation, people was mighty friendly and I had some of the best steakes I've ever eaten.
Wheather was mostly fine, altough high in humidity.
I spent my time in Plano/FW and in Dallas nad took a trip down to Houston and the Space center (don't go there).
Lucky as I am a bit of a storm came over Fort Worth and some tornados blew up and destroyed some residential and commercial buildings.
Would take my time to thank Brian over at DFW Gunrange for letting my shoot the MP5A2 and poking some holes in some "Bin-Laden" targets.
Next time I'm in Texas I'm gonna explore more of the that state, and maybee take me on some tricky gobblers.
BTW I'm seeking work in Texas, drop me a line and I'l tell you what I can do =)

Take it easy now,
Chris the Swede

Comments

• Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do they allow Swedes in Texas?

PC=BS
  • Options
    austin247austin247 Member Posts: 375
    edited November -1
    Bob,

Maybe not in Lubbock or Amarillo but for sure in Austin. Just about everyone who lives in Austin ain't from there.
  • Options
    loan sharkloan shark Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear you had a good time in our great state of Texas. People moving here for the first time always tell me how nice and friendly we are. Hope that never changes.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Glad you enjoyed the visit, and we'll be glad to have you back. Most folks find themselves welcome here.

Ya'll come back, ya' hear.

Save, research, then buy the best.Join the NRA, NOW!Teach them young, teach them safe, teach them forever, but most of all, teach them to VOTE!
  • Options
    varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Badboybob,Shucks we love Swedes in Texas.Most of all them 6.5x55s.Wallman you come back and see us now.

A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.
  • Options
    moparmopar Member Posts: 338 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Wallman,

Wish I'd known you were coming through Plano man,that's were my wife and I live.Would have been pretty cool to meet you.Tell ya what amigo,
    let me give my email address and give me a shout anytime,especially
    if you're gonna be blowin' through town again soon.

Email:sacaircom@yahoo.com

Glad you enjoyed your visit to Texas!May your next visit be as enjoyable as your first!!

Take Care and give me a holler
    sometime
    mopar/Doug
  • Options
    CAPPERCAPPER Member Posts: 139 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    mopar,

I live in Plano also.

I'll email you my phone number. Call and let's find out
    if we have any of the same interests in guns.
  • Options
    ref44ref44 Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Born in Amarillo, went to school in Lubbock, and lived near Houston 33 years...56 years in Texas. But I retired and moved to rural SW Colorado near Durango, and Texas no longer has any appeal. All I miss is the heat, humidity, mold, mildew, traffic, crime, pollution, hurricanes, congestion in stores, lawnmowing, and maybe a few others.