In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

220 swift 5000fps

Dave3Dave3 Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Does anyone out there know how one would go about this safely? I've heard it can be done and heard you need 25 grain bullets and I've heard this and that. I've looked in all the books and no one has a receipe for 5000 fps. I realize this round has no practical purpose but neither do alot of the things men do( like owning 4 of the same guns) but it would be neat. Thanks wise ones at GB
"Protect the Right to Protect yourself"

Comments

• cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rumor has it a 17 cal 25 gr bullet in a 22 sabot can do it.Never seen it myslf.My Swift will go 3900 with 52 gr HPs and I don't need any more.It would be an interesting exercise.Where do you get the sabots?What good is it?Ah hell let's try it.
  • ref44ref44 Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As an aside, I recall an American Rifleman technical article several years ago that said that about 5800 fps is the maximum velocity at which any projectile can be propelled by burning powder.