In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

10/22 project is done! (Pictures)

Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
edited June 2005 in General Discussion
Here it is, all finished. Did it turn out exactly as planned? No. Some of the finish ran and it didn't work really well on the aluminum reciver. I touched up a couple of spots with black gloss and it matches. Not to bad for my first shot at gun refinishing. It looks better than it did in the begining.

S5300022.jpg

S5300021.jpg

S5300020.jpg

Questions? [:)]

Dance Hippo. Dance.
hippohula.gif

Comments

• Options
    RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    just one, can I borrow it? Looks awesome.
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    SWEEEET! You did a good job--either of refinishing or of hiding your mistakes with your photos. [;)] Congrats on a great first effort!![8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Of course I didn't take pictures of the mistakes. They aren't that big, I was just seeing what I could do the first time out; the Ruger seemed like a good victim for the test. I redid the scope rings too. They didn't fair as well and ended up being touched up quite a bit.

Dance Hippo. Dance.
    hippohula.gif
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,389 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Cool!! Nice job!! That thing looks like a diamond compared to my 10/22[;)]

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks great 79. What brand of stock is that?

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cbxjeff

Boyd's. Left handed stocks are expensive. [xx(]

Dance Hippo. Dance.
    hippohula.gif
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks real good I just finished one and posted pics here somewhere. I used the midnight fajen and wondered what the coffee would look like.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA PATRON-LIFE Member, AF&AM, Shriner Life Member, A.B.A.T.E. of Illinois "Chicago Chapter" Founding Member & Board Member
  • Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You now can put on a zeiss scope that will be worth more than your gun......Just like on my G3.[:p]

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
    - Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great looking rifle Aspen

KungFu.gif
    Opinions are like azzholes, eveyone's got one, and this just happens to be mine!
  • Options
    mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se
    quote:Originally posted by cbxjeff

Boyd's. Left handed stocks are expensive. [xx(]

Yeah, no joke. Kinda wierd paying more for the stock than for the gun. Looks pretty, but can it shoot? [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have only test fired it so far; no group work. Before the project it would put five shots into a half inch at fifty. I was worried about failure around the receiver where I rounded it off; not real worried, but a little worried.

Dance Hippo. Dance.
    hippohula.gif
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun looks great. I like the fluted barrel. how did you finish the fluted ares, they look like they've been polished out. Also, is that your magazine release sticking that far off the gun? I have Volquarston extended release that's about half as long and i find that I'm always accidently hitting it with my hand or releasing the mag when i set my 10-22 on a sandbag etc.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just sprayed the gray over the baked on black, then wiped the high parts off with ascetone (sp?). That left the flutes stainless and the rest black. Wasn't the funnest way to do it, but it worked. Yeah, that's my mag release. I don't have a problem with accidental releases; it's one I bought from Cabela's.

Dance Hippo. Dance.
    hippohula.gif
  • Options
    Old hickoryOld hickory Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very well done. Congratulations!!