In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need advice on a good steakhouse in Atlanta

austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,996 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
Heading to Atlanta for the Louisville vs Auburn football game on Saturday. Would one of you Atlanta guys have a recommendation for a good steakhouse in the Atlanta area. Actually need a good restaurant for Friday and Saturday night.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bones is good. Its in Buckhead.

I live in NC but:
    My Dad lives in ATL as does my FIL so I am down there alot. I like the 20oz Bone in ribeye.

http://www.bonesrestaurant.com/

I forgot about the Capital Grill. It has been a long time since I was there but it was a real good place.

http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/home
    RLTW

• Options
    gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ruth's Chris Steak House - Atlanta - Centennial Olympic Park
    267 Marietta St
    Atlanta
    Open until 11:00 pm
    Zagat - Atlanta's Most Popular Chains

We ate there and there is another one on Peach Tree Road.. Not cheap but best steak in town.
  • Options
    milesmiles Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gjshaw
    Ruth's Chris Steak House - Atlanta - Centennial Olympic Park
    267 Marietta St
    Atlanta
    Open until 11:00 pm
    Zagat - Atlanta's Most Popular Chains

We ate there and there is another one on Peach Tree Road.. Not cheap but best steak in town.

Agreed.. Here's a quick clip to make your mouth water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGHm5H-o5y0
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ruth's Chris is chain, I thought he wanted a real Atlanta Steak House.[:D]

The best BBQ in Atlanta is here:

http://www.oldbrickpitbbq.com/#!__location

The Brunswick stew is awesome. Get the combination plate you will not be disappoined.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    Ruth's Chris is chain, I thought he wanted a real Atlanta Steak House.[:D]

The best BBQ in Atlanta is here:

http://www.oldbrickpitbbq.com/#!__location

The Brunswick stew is awesome. Get the combination plate you will not be disappoined.

thank you Gary but I am looking for something unique to Atlanta. We have Ruth's Chris here
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Baby Doe's on the side of the river I hope it is still there , Been a number of years fixed up like an underground Mine gold rush days on a cliff over looking the river . Roswell used to have a local owned LONG HORN not a CHAIN in one story converted house thousands of out of state LIC. Plates.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    Baby Doe's on the side of the river I hope it is still there , Been a number of years fixed up like an underground Mine gold rush days on a cliff over looking the river . Roswell used to have a local owned LONG HORN not a CHAIN in one story converted house thousands of out of state LIC. Plates.

Baby Does has been gone for quite some time. It burned as I recall.

Long Horn used to be a good place when George McKerrow started it. Then he turned it into a chain and spun it off. It is crap now. After that George started the Ted's Montana grille chain.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In no particular order
    Bones
    Chops
    McCormick & Schmicks (chain but still VERY Good)
    Morton's (chain but still awesome)
    Hal's (probably the best. We used to have our Christmas party there)
    Capital Grille
    Palm (had the Christmas party there last year. Really good)

The Sundial is not a steak place per se, but it is at the top of the Peachtree plaza (72 stories up) and the whole restaurant rotates once an hour. reservations at sunset can be hard to get.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Capital Grill is a chain, but it is excellent. Their General Manager is a partner, typically.
    Far better than Mortons in my opinion.
  • Options
    evileye fleagalevileye fleagal Member Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cheetah club, forget the steak's
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are on the northside the best in Roswell is

Little Alley steaks on Canton ST.

The. Best. Steak. Eva.

Ros
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by evileye fleagal
    cheetah club, forget the steak's
    [}:)][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No trip to Atlanta for a football game would be complete without a stop at the Varsity on North Ave right next to Ga Tech. More Coca Cola is sold there than any other single store restaurant in the world. They buy Wesson Oil by the tanker truck.... Try Chili Steak all the way,Ring one and an FO . (If you say Walking after that its to go. otherwise it is eat in. Assuming that you went inside. ) It is the largest drive in. Here is the "Secret" Menu
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    No trip to Atlanta for a football game would be complete without a stop at the Varsity on North Ave right next to Ga Tech. More Coca Cola is sold there than any other single store restaurant in the world. They buy Wesson Oil by the tanker truck.... Try Chili Steak all the way,Ring one and an FO . (If you say Walking after that its to go. otherwise it is eat in. Assuming that you went inside. ) It is the largest drive in. Here is the "Secret" Menu
    we have eatn at the varsity before but it has been quite awhile
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know the owner of business in Atlanta(Use to be Buckhead Beef)...I'll get you a name that will cost you next years salary...[:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by austin20
    we have eaten at the varsity before but it has been quite awhile

It's the same as it has ever been. Heading to the Tech game on Thursday night we will probably grab something there since there is not time for proper tailgating on a worknight.... Although I hear we have expanded menu options at Bobby Dodd this fall...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie

I know the owner of business in Atlanta(Use to be Buckhead Beef)...I'll get you a name that will cost you next years salary...[:o)]
    I know about Buckhead beef. I work for Sysco and we bought Buckhead beef about 15 years ago
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by austin20
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    we have eatn at the varsity before but it has been quite awhile

I was home visiting my Dad this winter and he took me to the Varsity that is in Alpharetta not far from where he lives now. I didn't know they had a franchise now.

Austin here is another good place for Steaks and they have a great wine selection too, Its called Pampas and its an Argentinian style steak house with some really good Argentinian wines.

http://pampassteakhouse.com/
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    I was home visiting my Dad this winter and he took me to the Varsity that is in Alpharetta not far from where he lives now. I didn't know they had a franchise now.

Austin here is another good place for Steaks and they have a great wine selection too, Its called Pampas and its an Argentinian style steak house with some really good Argentinian wines.

http://pampassteakhouse.com/

Not really a franchise, all the satellite locations are company owned. There are 8 including 2 at the Atlanta airport.

They also have a fleet of food trucks. There was one at the courthouse last time I was serving jury duty. Not sure I could eat that and then sis still in the jury box the rest of the afternoon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote: Not sure I could eat that and then sis still in the jury box the rest of the afternoon.

About 4 chill dogs, onion rings and big orange and your fellow jurors would be loving you.[:D]

If you get a chance the Aquarium is pretty cool. I am not really into that kind of stuff but my wife wanted to go so I went. It was a good time.
    RLTW

• Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sun Dial Restaurant-located at the top of the Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel, 72 stories above the street offering panoramic views of the city. I have been there before.

http://www.sundialrestaurant.com/

westin_peachtree.jpg
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stony River Steak House,Roswell...
  • Options
    edited November -1

That is pretty tasty. Aspens just west of there on Shallowford is nice as well.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Stony River is another chain. We have them here. Along with Wildfire.
    Both excellent, but not Capital Grill excellent in my opinion.[;)]
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For you Atlanta folks: Does anyone remember "Willards" from a few decades ago? I think there were two locations in the Atlanta area.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.