In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Maverick Model 88 Pump Action Shotgun

thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
edited September 2001 in General Discussion
Can anyone walk me through disassembling this shotgun? I'd like to give it a thorough cleaning but all my paper work went up in flames.

Comments

• Options
    ibtruknibtrukn Member Posts: 443 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rite, like a few other things on this board?
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Do ya have any mossberg papers,`cause that`s what it is.
    Will the last reb to leave flarda,please bring the flag?
  • Options
    Mark IIMark II Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Isn't that one the same as a Mossberg 500?
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    Just like a Mossberg. Push out the pin retaining the trigger group. Remove the trigger group. Now manipulate the forend until the slide, inside the action, looks like a bolt carrier, is lined up with a wide space in the bottom of the receiver. Lift it out. Squeeze the lifter together so that it pops out of the holes. Pull the forend forward and remove the bolt. At some point, the shell latches, one on each side, will fall out.Some magazine tubes have rings around them that will not let you remove the forend without first removing the magazine tube.When you are done, put everything back where you found it. To me, assembling the Mossbergs is like putting together one of those 3-D Chinese puzzles. They are really good shotguns, but I'll take a Remington 870 any day.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator and Supreme Ruler of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    Just like a Mossberg. Push out the pin retaining the trigger group. Remove the trigger group. Now manipulate the forend until the slide, inside the action, looks like a bolt carrier, is lined up with a wide space in the bottom of the receiver. Lift it out. Squeeze the lifter together so that it pops out of the holes. Pull the forend forward and remove the bolt. At some point, the shell latches, one on each side, will fall out.Some magazine tubes have rings around them that will not let you remove the forend without first removing the magazine tube.When you are done, put everything back where you found it. To me, assembling the Mossbergs is like putting together one of those 3-D Chinese puzzles. They are really good shotguns, but I'll take a Remington 870 any day.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator and Supreme Ruler of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Push the trigger group pin out from either side. The trigger group will come out as a unit. Be careful to pivot it at the front. The unit has two small extentions at the front of the trigger group that hold it in the receiver. After you have removed the trigger group, the shell stops will come out, often on there own. This is normal. The lifter assembly will now come out by squeezing on the arms slightly, just enough to have them clear the sides of the receiver. Bring the bolt assembly back about 1-2 inches out of full forward battery. The bolt carrier will now come out allowing the bolt and action bars to pull out of the receiver, thus removing the pump assembly.Reassemble in reverse order. Make sure to put the shell stops in place before putting the trigger group back in. Insure you align the hole in the trigger group before attempting to reinsert the pin. Just take it at your own pace, the Maverick or Mossberg can be fairly user friendly.