In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BALONEY

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
quote:. Litigation fears helped discourage venerable companies such as Colt from continuing to produce handguns, and Kmart, along with other retailers, have stopped selling handgun ammunition.

I recently went into a KMart with the intention of pointing out that their policy of no handgun ammo was Bull.. I ask for some .38 special ammo and the clerk said "sorry, we dont sell handgun ammunition" I said "I beg to differ with you" the clerk said "well Im telling you we dont sell Handgun Ammo." I then proceeded to show him the stacks and stacks of .22 ammo boxes. and ask him "what is that" at which he replied "Thats rifle ammunition" then I told him , gee, I guess I cant use that in my Single Six, or my SW 22A or my ruger Mkll, just
cause you say its rifle ammo??[:o)][:o)][}:)]
Also I pointed out the carry .44 mag ammo, which fits my Ruger pistol and the Ruger rifle. Are they really that stupid or what??

eagle.gif
"It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
Hudson.gif
900.gif

Comments

• bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Fine ,I'd like some 38 special rifle ammo for my lever gun.[;)]

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My answer in one word: "YEP!"

I Miss The World I Grew Up In!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your wasting your time trying to deal with them.
  • 3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would you go out of your way to point that out to them? So they can pull that off the shelf too? If it's not there next time you visit and may need some 22's, will you be happy then? If they are that stupid just let it be. Geeez.......
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I do it just to show the hypocracy , I dont buy any ammo from KMart period, its cheaper elswhere. Their sporting goods section leaves a lot to be desired, They sell Scopes, but dont sell Scope rings, And being in Florida, they sell more fresh water fishing gear than they do Salt water gear. Kinda screwed up, I dont buy much from Kmart, and the only reason I go there at all is that it is close to where I live.

Also I find it very Hypocritical for them to stop selling guns, but continue to sell ammunition.

Which is the lessor of two evils, selling th gun that kills, or selling the bullet that kills??

eagle.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    quote:Also I pointed out the carry .44 mag ammo, which fits my Ruger pistol and the Ruger rifle. Are they really that stupid or what??

If they are stupid lets hope this didn't make them "Smart"

Gun_smokes.gif

Delta.gif
  • A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Simple. Don't do business with kmart. I don't go to wally world either. Our local guns shop is localy owned. He's a good guy, knowledgable about anything that has to do with guns, he's the one with the answer to any questions, CCW, ammo, technique, knives, reloading, cleaning, holsters. You are not going to get that at walmart or kmart. OK so his prices are a little higher than the chain stores, if you want cheap ammo, try Midway.
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There IS a reason kmart is on the verge of going under.. besides Martha Stewart.. [;)]

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • woodshermitwoodshermit Member Posts: 2,589
    edited November -1
    I always enjoy going into stores and beating up on the poor hapless clerks who always seem to have so much influence on company policy. Another worthwhile thing to do is go to a fast food place and complain loudly about the food. Waitresses are great to hassle, too. And, be sure to never leave a tip in a place that you dine on a regular basis. That'll show 'em!
    edited November -1
    GEE woodshermit, I guess you dont know that the manager of the departments in Kmart are responsible for ordering the stuff?

Also I have written to Kmart regarding this topic.

Also a good waitress will see that your order is the way you want it in a resturant, in that case , poop runs up hill, ya complain to the waitress, she in turn takes it to the cook.

OH well I bet you set in a resturant and when they bring your steak in Burnt or raw, anyway but how you ask for it, you jump up and run into the kitchen and ream out the cook. YEA right, ya tell the waitress just like the rest of us..

eagle.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Classic,
    It struck me as odd that you would make a special trip to K-Mart just to tell them they were selling .22's. And then I read that you WROTE the company?

What's in it for you? Do you want them to STOP selling .22's? If a 19 year old comes in and wants .22's, if it's for a rifle, no problemo. If he tells me it's for a pistol, he's SOL. I wish you would contact ATF and tell them how stupid the law is. That would really be doing something.
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I were you guys Id be buying everything at your local dealers because once the marts run your local guys out of business you will have these marts as your only place to go.

God gave us all a gift. Have you found yours yet ?
  • 3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In response to the original topic, I don't see how picking up a couple of boxes of 22's that might be on sale at Kmart is going to run any local FFL's out of business. I really don't see the point in all this. If the Gov. forgot to include a particular weapon in an AWB, undoubtably, someone would run to them saying, "you're so stupid you forgot about this one."
    edited November -1
    My point is why bother going to these places where you find * behind the counter and put up with the crap. Stop at your local guy and keep him going whether its 2 boxes of .22's or a .22 rifle.
    2 boxes of .22's will put your FFL out of business if 100,000 people have the same thought process.

edited November -1
    The local indoor range just raised their range fees because of people buying their ammo at wally world and Kmart,

Not are they a range but also an ammo factory, If you buy their ammo, they take it off the range fees, otherwise if ya buy at wally world and go their ya pay full price.

And some of ya dont get the point, I dont do business with blatant Hypocrites, Ya dont take a stand against guns and then sell the ammo.

eagle.gif

Hudson.gif
    900.gif
    edited November -1
    Very good point !