In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Walmart packed with ammo

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
All but .22. All deer calibers available and many boxes, pistol ammo everything.Picked up 2 value packs of 00 3" mag Remington buckshot.

Comments

• Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps the government released some ammo because hunting licence revenue is down.
  • Options
    0oAKo47o00oAKo47o0 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Finally have some 9mm in stock at my local walmart. too bad its only tul ammo fmj
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same here, you can go in in the afternoon and get anything ... except .22s
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "All but .22."

There you go...
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Local Wallie has plenty of 243, 270.3006, 7mag, and 300Win mag. Not much else other than several bulk boxes of 5.56 FMJ. While waiting to purchase a trapping license, I had to listen to a couple of sweat pants and crocs sort of guys whining about the lack of 30-30. One guy said he "didn't even have enough shells to load my(his) rifle".
    One of the local gun shops is advertising that they have an "extensive line of ammo but are limiting sales of some types to one box per customer".
  • Options
    Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    I've got plenty of .22 so it's really not a concern but why is it taking so long for .22 to come back?
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hearing 30-30 is real hard to get right now. You all seeing that? My GunBroker transfer dealer said he's benn looking for 30-30 brass for a good long while.

I have some out in the garage somewhere I plan to give him.
  • Options
    375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same thing in central Pa's wally world , anything but 22's
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just went to my Walmart. Plenty of most calibers except .22.

I have enough to last me another 10 years, but took a look anyway.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,062 ******
    edited November -1
    ....so,what can you hunt without .22 ???,,,,,[V][V][V][V]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

Wolf 7.62x39 ammo available at Dunhams.......

priced at $9.95 for 20 rounds. [xx(]

Its been on sale here for the last 2 weeks at $6.99 a box but that's still $2.00 a box more then it should be.
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess we are just getting lucky down here in San Antonio

Walked into Academy this morning on my way to work and they had 22LR bulk packs (Rem GB 525 and Fed Match 325) on the shelf. At least 30-40 of each brand.

Two box limit. Picked up two Fed boxes and will do some clay pigeons shooting this weekend with some of the guys and gals from work.

Now I do know that Wally World is almost always dry on 22 and even 30-30.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    7.62X38 is a pretty rare caliber to be selling at that price.
    [:D]barto[:D]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hit Wally early this morning and the Sporting Goods Assoc was sticking from his little cart. Scored a couple boxes of Win White Combo packs for 9mm for $26 and a box of Tula 7.62 for $5.20. At $13.00 a box of 50 that is pretty much pre-panic pricing on 9mm.
  • Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our local Walmarts are the same, never any .22 except shorts. A local pawn shop got in 4 of the Rem. Buckets of .22. They priced them at $100 and sold all 4 pretty quickly.
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drobs
    Hearing 30-30 is real hard to get right now. You all seeing that? My GunBroker transfer dealer said he's benn looking for 30-30 brass for a good long while.

If you're having a giveaway for 30-30 brass... I'm in....
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    quote:Originally posted by drobs

If you're having a giveaway for 30-30 brass... I'm in....

I'll go dig through the boxes in the garage for it this week and see what I can find.
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    i stopped in at a Wally-World Friday to get a soft case for our new cell phone, went by the sporting goods and what i saw was surprising, 6 AR's plus many other rifles and shelves full of ammo.........., even .22LR.
  • Options
    neacpaneacpa Member Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was in Chanute Kansas this morning and ran by Wal Mart to print out couple of pics off of sd card. Stepped over to sporting goods to check on clearance stuff for muzzle loading and saw a man buying 22 lr at counter. Stepped over to ammo case and they had 8 boxes of 100 rd mini max for $7.47. Nabbed 3 of them and buddy with me got his 3. First I've seen any in WM in months.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was in the Gander Mt in Peoria, IL today. They had a great supply of everything except .22 LR. The only problem is their prices are way higher than anywhere else I have seen. IMHO...

The local Wal-Marts and Big R in the area also were well stocked with the exception of .22LR.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Had a Gander Mountain open up here 2 weeks ago grand opening. Limit 2000 rounds of 22. . Thing I can't understand is There is NO standard Velocity any where . Champions choice sells Millions of rounds a year and they were told thew would not receive any at all until after new year.
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We haven't had 30-30 in the shop in 10 months.. Crazy..