In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CAVEAT EMPTOR1--DBA "THE SELLER"

gunstosellgunstosell Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Welcome to the continuing saga of "THE SELLER"

Here's another. Have a 'SPECIAL CUSTOMER'. Sends me e-mails with an almost frantic need. Sends a small dissertation on himself coupled with real lowball offer(s) for an off GB sale, supported by his own brand of sanity. I'll call it irrationality. His e-mail(s) always have a strong "urgency" to do something right now. "I just bought three others and am going to the dealer right now and want to add another. Ok.? Or, attempting to justify a low price--"I am an avid colt collector and we collectors have to buy them low". OK! I respond with simple and direct, I decline. I am not sure why I should care why he is in a hurry and simply do not care why he wants a low price. Being a SELLER, I want a low price when I am buying and of course a high one when I am selling. The buyer always wants the opposite. Or, maybe I have missed something. Guess I need more education. We'll try an experiment. All SELLERS must sell as though the were buying. That might work! One things for sure, we will run out of SELLERS soon.

Hey, here's one nobody thought of! Why don't we let the market determine our prices. You SELLERS know what I'm talking about--GOOD OL' SUPPLY AND DEMAND.

Oh, I forgot, back to the BUYER. Must remember, we would not exist if there were no buyers. That's a scary thought. Now, it gets interesting. He gets mad. Oh well. Spews accusations and threats. I respond with, I decline. Done, I thought? Wrong. He has sent e-mails like this five times, each on a differing item. Each time it has gone the course as above. What fun. What part of no is not being understood?

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Simple solution, Block the Dude, from bidding, and also your Email

eagle.gif
    "It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only had to return one gun that I'd bought on GB. Turned out to be a POS that I wouldn't have fired on a bet. The seller was totally cooperative and refunded my $$$ as soon as he got the gun back.

Which brings me to another question.
    Why is it that the buyer is ALWAYS the one who isn't trusted. When I buy something, it's up to me to get the money to the seller BEFORE he'll send me the item. If it has to be returned, the seller has to get the item back BEFORE he'll return my money. Why is that? I'm supposed to trust him both ways but he won't trust me either way.

Mudge the trustworthy

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • gunstosellgunstosell Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No problem with offers here either. Just don't like DEMANDS and COERCION. I did block him, but we all know how easy that is to get around. I also recommended a few other SELLERS to whom.. You know, the ones that like this kind of customer.quote:Originally posted by SaxonPig
    Well, offers are OK by me and you can always say no. But offering on items being auctioned is corrupt. Bid or don't bid.

ark-flag1.gif

The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not reflect the views of any third party or the policy of any state agency.
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In some cases i would accept an "offer" or a "Trade" on an item but ONLY if the buyer hits the "Buy it now" feature and his feedback must be credible.I would NEVER sell off the site thats asking for trouble
    many of these Bidders are full of it and dont take this serious enough
    IMO[:(!].

use_deer.jpg
  • gunstosellgunstosell Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I AGREE.quote:Originally posted by deerhntr
    In some cases i would accept an "offer" or a "Trade" on an item but ONLY if the buyer hits the "Buy it now" feature and his feedback must be credible.I would NEVER sell off the site thats asking for trouble
    many of these Bidders are full of it and dont take this serious enough
    IMO[:(!].

use_deer.jpg
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gunstosell welcome to the real world. we deal with customers everyday face to face who drive you nuts. Its part of the business if you want to deal with the public get used to it !

God gave us all a gift. Have you found yours yet ?