In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Why?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was just looking at some brass that I fired with my Savage 111 .30-06, and I noticed that the firing pin impact point isn't exactly in the same place on any of the 5 casings. Why?
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    1. If your auction is set up, with a "no reserve" why is there a reserve starting price?
    2. It appears, that most of the black powder sellers are not being realistic. if you can but the revolver from cabellsa for $190.00 new, why would you pay $225.00 for used, or new old stock.?
    3. If after three tries on auction and no sale, why not lower the price. Doesn't no sale, say, the price is too high. Same with no bids.
    4. It an automatic, I'm not going to buy your black powder revolver, if you stae ffl only. Da! That adds $25.00 MORE TO THE COST...
    5. Presentation makes the sale. Why post a pic, thats so dark, the item is not clearly visible?
    Just some points, I'd like to make with sellers.
    ....................................................................................................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have noticed a couple of things about the ppl in this forum, and the same may hold true in other forums, but for now its this one I have seen it happen in most...

Why is it when a "hot topic" like illegal immigration, abortion, gun rights, child molesters etc hit the news and then hit the discussion here, we get a whole lot of newbies who already know how to post, know the first names of most of the other posters, and type a whole lot like other ppl in here?....why only on hot topics?..

Yes I know I am going to be "bit**ed at for ranting, but I have just washed my floors, did 2 loads of laundry, and deciding what to have for dinner when classic comes home so go bit** at someone who really cares...*LOL
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why is a giveaway locked?...the one for a patriot giveaway?

If nunn was asked to draw the winner ...then why was he asking about it in an earlier post?....and why lock the flipping thing...most are left open to at least congratulate the winner...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why is it when Saxon states his opinion there has to be a comment about his degree of education?. No remarks about his opinion. Is this board not about opinions?.

I think Saxon more than anyone here has laid his life open for all to see. He has spent his time on the street, In the bars, And on the ground. This has been backed up by people who have known him for many years.

When I first came on this board the very people that bash Saxon for his education. Bashed me for my poor spelling. After being humiliated, And ready to go off in shame. A private E-Mail showed up from Saxon. Telling me how to cut and paste. Also not to give up. So what we have is the same people bashing those with more education than there selves, And the ones with less.

When a member falls on hard times is Saxon not one of the first to respond with words of encouragement. If a member has good news. He is right there with praise.

I think of this like building a large stone wall. We need the educated man to design the wall. We need the man on the pick and shovel to build the wall. I guess the bashers are what we use to fill in the cracks.

I have herd it said we fear that we don't know. I think some here fear men who do know.

So bash on varmit the un educated for a spell.

The most important things, Are not things.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    At the price why would Anyone buy one of these, cool yes, but sure is a waste of money.
    http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Echo-1-M134-Airsoft-Minigun-Package-p/48925.htm
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/29/iraq-war-veteran-wife-assaulted-outside-florida-theater-teen-mob/#ixzz19X4fxoxi

Marine Home From Iraq War, Wife Allegedly Assaulted Outside Florida Theater by Teen Mob

How is it that a citizen of this great Nation is assaulted at a damn movie and it's a misdemeanor charge for the damn assailants, but add a LEO to the equation and all the sudden the same assaulters are now facing a felony?

So, average citizens are trying to enjoy a movie and are terrorized by these idiots and "oh well" it's a minor incident, but add a man who straps on his gear each day knowing he'll face idiots such as this, and its a felony? What gives?

This makes me mad on sooooo many levels.

Your thoughts?

NS
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why do so many people around here get into a snit over minor crap that really doesn't have one bit of bearing on them or their lives? What a bunch of wags! I think some of you must have really boring lives and your only excitement is conjured drama on the forum. Who gives a rat's * about who was looking at photos and how he did it?

The only reason I even read some of this nonsense is that it makes me feel better about my pitiful, pathetic life.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    why do they have brail on the key pad of a drive up atm? [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why do all the people Ages 10-20 want to be gangsters[?] It is sickening! Being bad is good, being good is bad. It's like real role models got thrown out the door. Rap is the main music, Whitch is the worst. Pants are at hanging down. Skirts are getting smaller(I would not be complaning about this part, except the girls wearing them are only 15 years old. Dose this bother anyone else?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That is my only question. Why.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do some threads get moved to politics and some stay on GD?

My golden rule thread was moved BUT there are still several on this page of the same nature??

Makes no sense.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    "The gas block was originally a front sight tower, and has been ground down to a slick gas block"

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=148573242
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did this guy get unlocked? He seems to be more worked up than before.

p3meltdown.

This is his style.
    quote:It would seem that there are at least 2 other options, end the debate as a loser. Continue debating while losing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why was my signature edited out of my profile?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Okay, we have a politics forum, so why arent all the Obama/pres/whatever posts over there?...

And why can a mod ask a question about an auction, when no one else can?...

Yes I am being a bi***...deal with it..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why kick a guy when he's down?[V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've been trying to figure out for years now the benefits of having a button-up fly on combat uniform pants instead of a zipper fly.

ACUs have a zipper on the blouse, but they still use buttons on the fly (which never stay closed for me).

Can someone enlighten me as to the reasoning behind having a button fly instead of a zipper fly?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Iam on vacation and other than a few problems with a glitch here, I am having fun. The problem is, I have seen a few guns I wanted but instead bought a child's rocker. I walked into a gun shop and found where the ammo is, even some 5mm. Yet I bought a 4 foot raggedy Ann doll. I think grand kids are are pain. I will tell them when I get home. Don
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why?
    1. Is it good if a vacuum really sucks?

2. Why is the third hand on the watch called the second hand?

3. If a word is misspelled in the dictionary, how would we ever know?

4. If Webster wrote the first dictionary, where did he find the words?

5. Why do we say something is out of whack? What is a whack?

6. Why does "slow down" and "slow up" mean the same thing?

7. Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?

8. Why do 'tug' boats push their barges?

9. Why do we sing "Take me out to the ball game" when we are already there?

10. Why are they called "stands" when they are made for sitting?

11. Why is it call "after dark" when it really is "after light" ?

12. Doesn't 'expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?

13. Why are a 'wise man' and a 'wise guy' opposites?

14. Why do 'overlook and 'oversee' mean opposite things?

15. Why is phonics not spelled the way it sounds?

16. If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay you to do it?

17. If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

18. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

19. If you are cross-eyed and have dyslexia, can you read all right?

20. Why is bra singular and panties plural?

21. Why do you press harder on the buttons of a remote control when you know the batteries are dead?

22. Why do we put suits in garment bags and garments in a suitcase?

23. How come abbreviated is such a long word?

24. Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?

25. Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

26. Why do they call it a TV set, when you only get one?

One woman's opinion
  • Options
    dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Feel better now Frank?
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Options
    mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    No need to get into a snit about it!!
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it's a nightly comedy for me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh, but it's the GB forum. I HAVE to get into a snit. I can't just MOVE ON.

And yes, I do feel better. Thank you.
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I guess I missed this bullcrap. Good for me! [;)]

One word SP, EGO.
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    I don't Give a Snit[;)]
  • Options
    edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

It's better then most of the crap on TV.[:D]
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its nitpick not Snit
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshed87
    I don't Give a Snit[;)]

He is a honey badger.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    Why do so many people around here get into a snit over minor crap that really doesn't have one bit of bearing on them or their lives? What a bunch of wags! I think some of you must have really boring lives and your only excitement is conjured drama on the forum. Who gives a rat's * about who was looking at photos and how he did it?

The only reason I even read some of this nonsense is that it makes me feel better about my pitiful, pathetic life.

cornholio.jpg

ARE YOU THREATING ME ?
  • Options
    AzhunterAzhunter Member Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What did I miss now.......[:0][:(]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by edgecam
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

It's better then most of the crap on TV.[:D]

Except for Modern Family
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Doc, relax We love you!!!!!!!!! [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,059 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc

...this related to your back yard tore to snit ?? Seriously tho,how is that going,done, pictures???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They said four days on the yard work. That was 16 days ago. Yard looks like Europe at the end of WW II.