In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Meetings and Negotiations

CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
Life.

I am very good in doing a onr on one negotiation or meeting with a banker or such, but dam. Anymore the adrenalin crash afterwards just kills me. I kniw some people like the competitive atmosphere, the sale, or just the rush. Anymore, the crash after the fact kills me.

Comments

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you just get out of one[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess I'm just a bit worn down by life and idiots at work, management who think they can snao their fingers and you will make it so.

Empathy is under rated in society and narcissism is rewarded as "leadership".
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,512 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't play games or suffer those that do.

Makes it simple and emotion free.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    I guess I'm just a bit worn down by life and idiots at work, management who think they can snao their fingers and you will make it so.

Empathy is under rated in society and narcissism is rewarded as "leadership".

It happens to almost everyone who has some responsibility, or gives a crap at some time in their career. Figuring out a game plan if you have time, trying to breath thru your nose and focusing on the issue rather than the individual will help. However, trying to actually do that in the heat of battle is a lot easier said than done.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is the two sides of the same coin. There is a joy and a power in being The Guy.

There is also the soul crushing responsibility and mental exhaustion that comes with being The Guy.

Finding a way to balance the two poles is the challenge.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe I'm trying to carry too much of the load and need to give it to Jesus.

It's been a long last 7 years.
  • Options
    SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    You are correct but its our government that is aiding and abetting this breakdown.quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    you mean... society... sucks?!

it's the people that make it or break it
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    one of the final lessons on the learning curve of life is that one should never think a banker has any mental abilities or skills above and beyond the average...remember research shows 1/2 of all the people are below average