In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is your city having a protest today.

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Just saw where many are protesting immigration policy.

I'm sure Eugene will be one of them since they have had one every weekend this month.

Comments

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I doubt it. My town's kind a sleepy. Town over Salinas A.K.A. "sanctuary city" maybe?
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only ones protesting are the squirrels and birds all chasing each other in the woods. Its 90 in the sun, but nice and in the 80s in the woods.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Seems they headed for the Capitol today so town should be clear. If the locals did not find something else to protest.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    the corn and beans are protesting the heat and lack of rain here[^]
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What?
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    protestors should sign a pledge they would take the illegals into their home to live, declare responsibility financially, legally, criminally, and socially for their "guests" behaviour and stay in the land of UNCLE SUGAR...wonder if that would change the game
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a bunch of knitwits in Roanoke protesting the Trumpster.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i CAN see all these illegals, immigrants, foreigners demanding to negate our laws...amazes me how many AMERICANS want to give away this country without any conditions
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We sidelined the protesters by having a beer festival today.[:D]
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not my city, but if they were having a protest I would make a point to drive by wearing my "make America great again" hat.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So maybe I am confused...

Amongst the last 20 presidents the greatest deporter of immigrants has been Obama or Clinton depending on what definition you use and who you believe. In addition the program to separate minor children from families was implemented under Obama...

Were were the protests and marches and endless non stop multi media universal 24 hour a day assault and pogrom when these horrible and unconstitutional hate crimes and humans rights violations were being performed by the gods of the dems - libs - progs - alt left - propaganda wing fake media???

Sigh.

Mike
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    Clips of protest I have seen something like, probably higher, 80 per cent professionally made. Must have some good backers

Maybe the Libs are a little surprised--like the Red Hen having people protesting the owner running off Sarah and threating the owner. Big bad * Maxine Waters receiving mail and phone calls, if I recall correctly she got a death threat. Libs aren't accustomed to having any kick back it only alright for them. The same old we are always right not you low life keeping the country going
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    We sidelined the protesters by having a beer festival today.[:D]

Careful, that Mexican Beer makes them crazy!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Whoops I was wrong Eugene had a Protest after all.

quote:Thousands lined the steps of the federal courthouse in Eugene on Saturday for a rally against the current immigration policies.

The Families Belong Together Rally in Eugene was one of several that took place across the state and country.

The organizer for local rally, Catherine Clinton, said they're asking for an end to family detentions and to the criminalization of immigration.

"We did get the executive order that stopped those separations, but then we saw those families behind bars. That's not what we want to see either, said Clinton. "We understand that immigration is a complex issue, but there's no reason ever that it needs to violate human rights, so that's what we're here demanding."

She said she decided to organize this rally 11 days ago and added that seeing the huge crowd was very reassuring.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,668 ******
    edited November -1
    ?...they're asking for an end to family detentions and to the criminalization of immigration.?
    Immigration is NOT a crime. Illegal immigration IS a crime.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    protestors should sign a pledge they would take the illegals into their home to live, declare responsibility financially, legally, criminally, and socially for their "guests" behaviour and stay in the land of UNCLE SUGAR...wonder if that would change the game

THIS!
    If there was a provision they would NEVER be allowed to vote, these DEMOCRAT party sponsored protests would disappear as well.

Some of the more believable polling shows less than 25% approve of allowing these people to stay or enter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    illegal and legal immigration should be stopped at the border....when over half of this country is on the dole the fallacy of letting lower end workers in is a travesty...clean out the welfare and disability loafers and work or go hungry...AMERICA CANNOT provide welfare ,free medical, housing, and eats to the worlds dissatisfied, discontented, and lack of fixing their OWN country .....
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I want to join one of these protests with a sign " I was paid by Soros to protest".
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not to my knowledge, Liberals are afraid to Riot protest here
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OH YEAH WE NEED IT HERE.....over 29000 murders in 2017 and 136 politicians running for office killed in MESSICO...sure, lets do away with ICE and open our borders and let this become a FLOOD into AMERICA open or no border means all this walks right on in ....lets solve messico's problems by letting all who do nothing there to come here FREE...sick, come on over we got FREE medical...bring the diseases we have eliminated here and reintroduce them to AMERICA....bring your drugs, bring your gangs, bring your poverty...solve all of messico's social problems by moving them NORTH...the rich gringos will provide for all your wants......hesus h christo