In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cisco Kid

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
So I got me some old DVD's of really old western Shows. Watching Cisco Kid right now. Its a real wonder his side kick Poncho does not shoot himself in the foot the way he tries to throw the Bullets out each time he pulls the trigger. This one is really dumb.

Comments

• Options
    searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Simplistic, but for pure escapism, it's hard to beat those old westerns. Lone Ranger, Cisco Kid, Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, they all take me back to a simpler time, where the line between right and wrong was sharply drawn.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got a kick out of those...sweet girl was always Ellen or Mary Jane...villian was Bart or Slade....owned a mine, saloon, or mine...kindly rancher or fearless newspaper man always got whacked
  • Options
    minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    Ooooooh Ceesco... Ooooooh Pancho

And some of y'all think Mitch Morrison walked funny.

[V]

Allen
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    Actually, "throwing" the bullet out of the gun has some basis in actual fact and use. According to Elmer Keith, it is the only way to hit a running coyote from the back of a galloping horse. There is no way to hold the front sight on the target, so the shooter "throws" the gun toward the target, and squeezes the trigger during the split second that the gun is stationary.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most of the old western guys shot the same way. Look at some of the old Roy and Gene flicks.

And while you are at it get Blackie and the boys and meet me at the hideout.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    drat i forgot Blackie.....and poor ol Tonto...got to town and get info...only indian in the saloon and always got beat up for his efforts...they couldn't sell him anything but goatsmilk anyway