In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What will this do for human/feline relations?

Was this a manly kill, or one of those cowardly ones?

So many questions, so little concern.[;)]
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a blood feud killin'.
  • swearengineswearengine Member Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The lion clearly baited the tourist into rolling down her window and then attacking. The woman (prey) did not die right away but later when medical attention was being provided, unfortunately a cure for stupidity was not available and would probably been administered too late to be of any use.

This was a semi tame lion just like Cecil; well, I mean it lives in a refuge and is used to tourists; doing what comes naturally. Actually this happens with some frequency.

Think they might extradite the lion?

Same with elephants grinding natives and tourists into toejam.
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that happened a while ago. already read about it. dummies drove around with the windows rolled down, were told not to by the guide. I think it was a lioness, at first it didn't seem like it was going to attack, then it reached into the rear seat and chomped the passenger's shoulder clean off. I think it was some famous person's sister.

had nothing to do with Cecil the Lion.

ah, here it is. she was an editor for Game of Thrones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3113418/Horrifying-moment-lioness-reared-attack-killed-American-tourist-Katherine-Chappell-South-African-safari-park.html
  • hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bet she won't do that again.[^]
  • m88.358winm88.358win Member Posts: 7,272 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cecil's friend was an illegal alien with numerous felonies, but was in an amnesty state, so was never deported.
  • AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think a woman being killed by a lion is nearly as amusing as others on this post seem to think!
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they should have a sign like

WARNING!
    man_person_mens_room.png = Hamburger.jpg
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ambrose
    I don't think a woman being killed by a lion is nearly as amusing as others on this post seem to think!I value human life greatly and work hard to preserve it on a daily basis, but....

This was no accident.

The woman acted as if those lions were animatronic props at Disney. She was warned by staff - which in this situation you'd think wouldn't even be necessary - to follow certain safety precautions, however she very obviously thought she knew better and chose this course of action.

Yes, to non-dumb * it can be humorous when people demonstrate over the top * behavior and pay the price they chose to gamble.

'Play stupid games, win stupid prizes' should be on her tombstone.
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs
    quote:Originally posted by Ambrose
    I don't think a woman being killed by a lion is nearly as amusing as others on this post seem to think!I value human life greatly and work hard to preserve it on a daily basis, but....

This was no accident.

The woman acted as if those lions were animatronic props at Disney. She was warned by staff - which in this situation you'd think wouldn't even be necessary - to follow certain safety precautions, however she very obviously thought she knew better and chose this course of action.

Yes, to non-dumb * it can be humorous when people demonstrate over the top * behavior and pay the price they chose to gamble.

'Play stupid games, win stupid prizes' should be on her tombstone.

+1
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Darwin awards...
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what has contributed to human demise by animal is the stupidity that thinks animals act like the saturday morning cartoons