In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The 20 year rule...

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in General Discussion
I don't buy a gun unless I have wanted it for at least 20 years. Last month I got a nickel S&W M39 because I had never owned a shiny auto pistol but had wanted one for over 20 years. Today at a local show show I saw something else I have desired for at least two decades. A nickel 1911 in 38 Super.

Would have preferred a Colt but got a good deal on this brand new RIA model. Didn't care for the factory stocks so I swapped on an old set of Colt stocks I had in the box. Shot indoors under electric lights so the finish looks dull but it is actually fully polished and very shiny.

I believe that's it. I can't think of any guns I am still actively seeking. This was the last one o my list. Made it before I died. Alright.

standard.jpg
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments