In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

weather

spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
We are getting a pretty good storm here (NNY). Nothing I have not seen before....and more than once.

It seems like the normal weather pattern we had when I first moved here in 1996. 6 degrees, windy, heavy and blowing (20-30mph) snow. Hell, I have hunted all day in weather like this.

What I want to know is.....why are so many people (not ones on GB really) having such a huge cow about it?

The news called it a "life threatening storm for 240 million people in the US and Canada". Really?

How many of you, that are getting the heavy snow and winds, are freaked out about this storm system?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    You guys in Misouri (sp?) getting this front moving East?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    80 degrees here yesterday and now about a inch of slow rain and 38.5 now and chance of some snow tonight and tomorrow> Not much snow but a chance the first of Nov. Might be a long long winter[:D][}:)][V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, we're back to winter in my little corner of Orygun. Couple of inches of snow last night, 20-40 mph gusts and mid-20s.

Brrr.

D.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just dont understand why there is currently 3 inches of snow and it is still falling. Looks like december outside and its is damn near may. April showers bring may flowers my ...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    wind yesterday was up to 40 mph...already that today and supposed to be gusty to 55 mph ...lot of small wheat just up and a lot of ground just planted...probably get somewhat dirty today....the joys of agriculture...just wait & see about damage...and no rain...got my last planted up on 0.60" sprinkle
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Really feel for you guys in all that cold. We are supposed to be as high as 70 today. And dry.

While that is good just wait for summer, there is almost no snow in the mountains. The rain we have had does not even come close to what we need to make it thru the summer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This weather is crazy tornado sirens going off in Poplar Bluff MO where I am

Also tornadoes at home where my family is @ Jonesboro AR
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is going to get real bad here in a little while. Already had a tornado touch down about 2 hours ago in the first wave of storms.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cold snap is changing...a layer clouds and high humidity are racing north, looks like 50-60 mph...but no rain...supposed to warm up and friday night we lit the heat up when it dipped to 46*....fall is starting to fall...be checking the generators before long and doing the prep for winter....